What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have plans... 2 of 3 JBA packages received (Thanks Marlin!), UCAs to arrive today! Also, have a new Hx2-10k in the garage. It's patiently waiting arrival of my Detours Backbone. Merry Christmas to ME!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have plans... 2 of 3 JBA packages received (Thanks Marvin!), new Hx2-10k in the garage, waiting on arrival of one Detours Backbone.

Even got the rear adjustable shocks, you'll love them !
I've got over 32,000 on mine with that setup

Oh and its Marlin , not Marvin....LOL

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, FINALLY got that bloody rear upper control arm installed. It's often the simplest jobs that are the most frustrating. I couldn't remove the bracket and install it that way as the bolt heads were already rounded and rusted on.
In the end it was simply a matter of getting the diff at the right angle and the ball joint went in with ease.
However, I still have a clunking noise :favorites68:. The new arm didn't really seem to make much difference. Do these arms have a settling in period or do I have a bigger problem?
Also changed the engine oil and filter.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going over bumps and rough spots in the road.

Edit: I know the old arm was stuffed as the ball joint was completely loose in its socket. So I'm sure it was the part responsible for the noise. I just can't understand why it still sounds like the ball joint is bouncing around in its socket. I'll try tightening everything again

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I at one point thought I had bad trilink and it was a bad shock. Are you running Bilsteins in the rear? Look for fluid leaking out and maybe swap them side to side. I killed 2 sets of Bilsteins back there.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine I noticed the clunk when it would compress, it would actually send a sharp knock through the seat.

If you can find the OME 132Ls, that's what I'd get, I got those and I love them. Otherwise, Monroe makes some shock with a coil spring on it that people like a lot but I don't remember the model, but you'd buy for an 02-04 Dakota Club Cab 4x4.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monroe 58649 Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ lol

And yeah I said $$$ because I'm looking to lift the 03 now and man as much I would love to drop 3k on those fancy parts , I'm thinking another OME set up with all new hardware in 4 corners will suffice again.
The 03 has 60k and my 02 169k and well the 02 is the better candidate for the $$$. It's spotless underneath. You would think the mileage was the flipped lol

So I'll be looking for all new parts. Maybe see if anyone is selling used JBA arms - that was the biggest expense but worth it

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my Jeep all over town listening for clunks and yes, it seems my left rear shock is blown. Those bilsteins only have 25k km on them too. Corrogated roads eh.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove over some sleeping policemen today, and now I'm getting a loud squeak/groan from the front end as the suspension compresses and unloads. Hope I just need to grease the uppers.

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have plans... 2 of 3 JBA packages received (Thanks Marlin!), UCAs to arrive today! Also, have a new Hx2-10k in the garage. It's patiently waiting arrival of my Detours Backbone. Merry Christmas to ME!

Ooooooo! Got my Jesus today! Now need some minutes to wrench it all on and aligned. [emoji6]

Thanks Marlin!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boring stuff with the Jeep, but more importantly I fixed the beater car. Inner and outer the rods, and a ghetto alignment that amazingly feels like it gotta be damn close. Steers straight, stops straight, cornering feels even. Depending on how the paint wears i may or may not need to get it professionally done.

On a scarier note, i had the car fall off the jack while putting stands under it. Jack and one stand were damaged.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Mopar towing harness this evening and ripped out what remained of the Curt plugin thing.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boring stuff with the Jeep, but more importantly I fixed the beater car. Inner and outer the rods, and a ghetto alignment that amazingly feels like it gotta be damn close. Steers straight, stops straight, cornering feels even. Depending on how the paint wears i may or may not need to get it professionally done.

On a scarier note, i had the car fall off the jack while putting stands under it. Jack and one stand were damaged.

Yikes! Glad you are able to tell the story.

Members online

No members online now.