What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have to wash and detail mine in a little while
Having my Step Dads 90th birthday party tomorrow and always a little " friendly " competition among us cousins ,
so....next 3-4 hours give her a quick wash, etc
Not too much since I'll be on about 20-25 miles of one lane dirt roads later having some fun!

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out my replacement front driveshaft for a heavy duty one from American CV
The transfer case end gave me trouble. Had the take the bearing cover plate off and use my bench grinder to take town the outside edge. Then it slipped in like butter
No vibrations and I'm happy again

Swapped out my freebie wheel spacers that I stumbled across in the pick N pull when I first got the jeep. Still surprised the jeep I was picking from had the spacers and I never noticed until someone came and grabbed the wheels.
Using the Spidertrax and still 1.5" as the old ones. Think it's a perfect look for stock wheels.

Next I need the stupid plastic cap thing for the transfer case. The linkage is just sitting ontop of the rod. No idea where or when I lost that piece.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced power steering pump. Didn't realize how bad the OE one was until I got it off and spun it dry. You could hear and feel some grumbling. New one was super smooth. Took two goes at the FSM bleed procedure to stop the bubbling. Night and day difference on how easily it turn now. Now to figure out why there is no bracket on the pressure line. :favorites68:

When I got it last December I could tell the OE pressure line was recently replaced but couldn't see the absence of the bracket. Pulled the shiny fake chrome grill and the hose is just laying in there. :Insane:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Swapped out my freebie wheel spacers that I stumbled across in the pick N pull when I first got the jeep. Still surprised the jeep I was picking from had the spacers and I never noticed until someone came and grabbed the wheels.
Using the Spidertrax and still 1.5" as the old ones. Think it's a perfect look for stock wheels.

Sits them out like a properly spaced 7 inch wide 4 inch backspaced wheel does

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sits them out like a properly spaced 7 inch wide 4 inch backspaced wheel does

One day rims are in my future. I had the 5 tires paid for sitting in my house already.i wasn't even considering spacers until I stumbled upon them too
Unless I can get them to fit "those" rims, I'm kinda stuck rocking the rocking the stock rims

Hey Tom
What do I do about this shifter end thst connects to the transfer case ?
I noticed my 4wd shifted handle feels limp. Pull up for 4Hi and it falls back down again.
Looked underneath and the end of the cable is just floating over the shift rod.

No idea what was there or what I can put there.

A $35 bushing and a c clip? Snap washer? Dealership wasn't much help besides suggesting an out of stock $35 nylon bushing

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One day rims are in my future. I had the 5 tires paid for sitting in my house already.i wasn't even considering spacers until I stumbled upon them too
Unless I can get them to fit "those" rims, I'm kinda stuck rocking the rocking the stock rims

Hey Tom
What do I do about this shifter end thst connects to the transfer case ?
I noticed my 4wd shifted handle feels limp. Pull up for 4Hi and it falls back down again.
Looked underneath and the end of the cable is just floating over the shift rod.

No idea what was there or what I can put there.

A $35 bushing and a c clip? Snap washer? Dealership wasn't much help besides suggesting an out of stock $35 nylon bushing

SOMEWHERE THERE IS A WRITE UP ON HOW TO REPAIR IT, CAN'T FIND IT RIGHT NOW
WHOOPS CAPS SORRY...
Someone will pop in with the link I'm sure

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha if i reading between the lines I did look for a write up but I can't be sure as the pictures are gone ?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the 30$ bushing when mine went. I'd go for the snap nut the next time. That bushing was a bear to put on but the OE one did last 150k and 13 years on my 02.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't it great having 2 ? Feels like I'm always wrenching on or the other
No lol had a leaky freeze plug on the XJ. Had to pull the head. Made alignment dowels from the old head bolts. Then rebuilt my jba front upper ball joints on the KJ. It was 30° out lol. I wish I could rebuid all my ball joints like the jba ones. 20 mins a side.

Also someone backed into the KJ while I was working on the XJ. He comes over and apologized but his new civic has a beautiful impact mark of a backbone and shackles. Not one scratch on the KJ. Told him not to worry about it.
You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like what I just told some kid a while ago " Don't worry about it " but then felt bad , he said you may not but this my Dads car! :happy175:Little honda something or other, just the right height when he tried to squeeze in behind me , caught right side of my rear bumper.
Edge of the left side front fender, headlight, hood LOL
Mine, a bit of his paint on my bumper
Cops were laughing about it asking why I even stopped " We can't even tell you were involved in this, are you sure you were ? " :happy175:
Kid was next to tears

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Put in the Mopar PS pump, PS cooler and did an oil change tonight. Then drove it in some snow. :D

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rolled through on my way back from San Antonio...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
¼” axle snap nut from Ace Hardware. Less than $2 and done.

Thanks for you help this morning ;)

I think I fixed it The hole on the end on the shift cable was quite large.
So I used a nylon spacer and drilled it out to 5/16"
Slipped it over the shift rod leaving room for a washer to hold the lever on and secured it with a e clip.
The parts I used was exactly what I showed you in the picture

No idea when or how all this hardware went missing ??
I been without a front drive shaft for only 2 weeks and used 4wd a little before I removed it Weird.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tested it out. Works great!

But the lever still keeps falling down back into 2wd. It never ends lmaoo

The 03 is getting the same tires I have on the 02. Just in time for snow. Can't wait

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
loaded it up for busting clays tomorrow.