What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I do an oil change, it seems a bit of oil gets inside the skid.
Last time I had my front skid off, I had to scrape the oily slime/ hard mud inside off with a putty knife! :icon_lol:
Nice paint work. Clear coat too! You went to town!:gr_grin:

I sure did i had the same muck build up too like 1/2" of stuff built up. I used crc hydro force citrus degreaser and some brake cleaner to get it clean. The wire brush really made it easy for paint prep. Right down to bare metal. Last time i painted it was still on my jeep so it didnt turn out great. This time however came out great all i have to do to maintain this superb look it clear coat it ever now and then.

Here is a little better picture of the texture.

You must be registered for see images attach

And here is the freshly painted back. No muck for now.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean pothole wacks. When i do go off road its usually forested areas. My aunt has a cottage in south haven on a few acres of land. Mostly sand and logs and a few hills but the trail is meant for atv ing but my jeep fits. This video is the first time i ever ventured off the pavement and i forgot to put it in 4wd.:shrug:

https://youtu.be/otCb_gI7dQk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Years ago now I did a fancy paint job & clear coat to my new OEM Transmission Skid, to protect the aluminum PML pan.
53676[/ATTACH]"]

Today the paint still looks good, but the shine is gone, no rust though, just a few scrapes & a dent on the other side happened! :icon_lol:
53678[/ATTACH]"]

Do you have a trans skid?

Attachments

• TrannySkidPlateWithBilstien.jpg
    TrannySkidPlateWithBilstien.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeep%20PML%20Pan%20dry.jpg
    Jeep%20PML%20Pan%20dry.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 0

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish need to do some investing just hard with the Mia Monster eating my body weight worth of formula every month. Crazy baby.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I paid $50 from a dealer, was a new trans skid.
Part # 82209026, check around when u are ready..
You could also probably find a used one, even from a member in wanted, somebody probably upgraded, and may have an OEM one for you.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i just looked them up pretty reasonable in price. I could probably get one new. I have a local jeep dealer see what they want for it if not i seen a few onlife for like $60.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's see... pulled my push bar off to assess how I am going to realign it. Removed my front wheels and degreased/washed everything. A-arms are nice and red again. Inpected the front end. Looks like both my upper ball joints are torn around the seal. Relocated my engine block heater plug from inside the engine bay to the front. Finished it all off with giving the lady a sponge bath.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Removed the factory " cassette " player in the 03 and installed a 6 disc factory unit I found in a box of parts last night.
Found some other interesting things as well
So happy I forget I have things, that way its always like Christmas when I open some boxes!:happy175:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lubed the tracks for the passenger window, goes up and down perfectly now and the annoying window rattle is gone. Got the oil changed, did a flush on the engine, then added 4qts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (I love this stuff its so good), 1qt Lucas. Running the engine flush through the engine, the pffft, pffft, noise went away after a couple minutes and it idled quiet once again. Noticed now with the oil it is really quiet, though the true test will be tomorrow when driving it stone cold to see if the diesel noise goes away that it makes when warming up on acceleration. Found out the right rear dust shield is broken loose giving me the grinding noise in the back also its banging against the speed sensor I safe to assume that's what took it out and not the parking brake.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Met a Liberty owner ( or was a Liberty owner ) in a parking lot across town tonight
Handed him some merchandise he wanted, he gave me some " JEEP KJ " parts
So Green got some more parts for herself tonight:gr_grin::gr_grin:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Met a Liberty owner ( or was a Liberty owner ) in a parking lot across town tonight
Handed him some merchandise he wanted, he gave me some " JEEP KJ " parts...
Sounds like something out of Breaking Bad. :ROFLJest:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And as with anything Professor

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I started to laugh, because I imagined it as Homer's, "Mmmmm... donuts", but then I realized that was pretty accurate. :shrug:

I love it when I find new parts I need for less than half what retail is
THEN when I can trade parts that I have next to nothing in for those parts its a great day! Set of Harley saddle bags I picked up used 25 years ago, ran on one of mine for a while, paid 10 bucks for them back then. Just traded for a set of Monroe Sensatrac Quick-Strut Complete Assembly and rear shocks, brand new still in the boxes.
So yes it was a MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Donuts er well parts
So the secret is out, Green is getting cheap crappy Monroe Sensatracs for the winter , then next spring that suspension will be going on the Red 05 and Green will grow up

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are sweet backgrounds! I have a Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS; would those backgrounds work on that head unit?

I have a Jeep logo as the background now but I'm getting bored with it. If your offer stands I'll take you up on it [emoji14]arty52:

Nice work on the sub box - some nice low end thump, eh?

Bob
Yea, they'll work with the x3600, pm me your email and I'll send a bunch of em to you. The sub is one of the best I've ever seen for the money. I got a little bit of a deal but usually they're $109 shipped directly from Soundqubed. Hell I've seen bottom of the line Pioneer and Kicker for that much at Walmart. I took some videos today but AT&T is throttling the hell out of me(5 kp/s lol), turns out they don't like you using 30 gigs on their "unlimited" plan. I'll have to wait until I'm around WiFi later to upload them.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turns out they don't like you using 30 gigs on their "unlimited" plan.

Apparently they start throttling at 22 MB now. After all the FCC complaints, that is....it used to be a bit lower.

My husband and I have unlimited, too. I never get close but he does.