What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threw some shackles on my dual front hitches.

You must be registered for see images attach

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
started plasti dipping my spare to see how it will look. If it looks alright then Ill do the rest as a temporary fix while I wear out my current tires, save money, and try to convince household 6 to approve the funds for 15" steelies and new rubber.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking Elmer.

On my part, noticed when I parked in my spot that my KJ is now 3000Km old.
Got it at 124564 KM and now he is 127564

jbrazaitis

Reaction score
I have an 02 Liberty Renegade. Last night we were going down a semi rough road and we engaged the 4-wheel drive to climb up a hill. There seems to be a grinding sound coming from the front drivers side wheel area. It goes away shortly after you disengage from 4-hi. I have not tried it in 4-lo. What is the first thing I should check?

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would first check the front drive shaft. Posable CV. Time to get under it and give us more info.

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be the transfer case itself. I had this issue and had to replace my transfer case with one I scrapped from the local salvage yard. If you have access to a lift, get it up there and you should be able to pinpoint where it's coming from.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plasti dipped the rest of my chrome clads Black to match my Black KJ. It looks good at night. Also took care of my lovely daughter all day.

You must be registered for see images

My phone takes horrible quality pictures... Wifey has the D90 with her all day.

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
We hosted another impromptu wrench-day in our driveway today... work done: JBA UCA's, front bumpstops on 1 vehicle, rear pucks drilled and installed on another, replaced a pair of front shocks on yet another, gear oil/diff cover change on an XJ, start of skid install... that will be finished tomorrow (ran out of daylight), as well as a set of JCR sliders for the XJ as well. I've decided to pull the plastic splash guards from the front wheel wells, and bed-lining the exposed areas - all this after talking with a few local KJ owners in our local group that have had them off for a number of years with favorable results... so I may get that out of the way tomorrow as well. The day totaled 5 KJ's, 1 KK, 1 TJ, and 1 XJ... and Aaron's vans. Good day!

jbrazaitis

Reaction score
Ok I Crawled under there (Stupid renegade Side steps grrr) I need to get to my buddies shop today and jack it up to get a better look but from what I can tell my transfer case is leaking oil. (oily Greasy mess all over) CV boot looks intact and good I'm not sure where the transfer is leaking. Any ideas where these things can leak from. Like I said I need to get to a flat spot and get a better look.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil change greased u joint and ball joints washed it and filled it with gas.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting like a kid at Christmas to find out how you did :D

Me too!

Of all the wrenching I've done I've never attempted u-joints. Rocky, did you have to replace the boot at the transfer case end of the driveshaft in order to change the u-joint on that end? Details...

Bob

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too!

Of all the wrenching I've done I've never attempted u-joints. Rocky, did you have to replace the boot at the transfer case end of the driveshaft in order to change the u-joint on that end? Details...

Bob

Nah. You just undo the boot clamp at the driveshaft end and the driveshaft just slides right out. I was running just zip ties on it for at least 12K miles. Worked good. The boot is pretty beefy and flexible. The u-joints are easily pressed out with a tool I rented from advance auto. They pressed in even easier. I had never done any before either. It's pretty easy. Took me a couple hours.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used something like this:

I didn't used any of the cups that those arrows point to.

as for the vibes. pretty much just changed them. I think it's up front now. Because of the new u-joints I can focus more on the steering wheel vibration I'm getting. The front of my KJ is effed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.