What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put my seat covers on. Fitment is really good which surprised me. Can't wait for the rear to get here.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished cleaning and reorganizing my tools. Just for kicks I measured the rear before and after. 22.75 before, 22 after :emotions34:

Wow that was a lot of stuff! I actually thought it would have brought it down more than 3/4 of an inch. :gr_grin:

You've inspired me. I'll be tackling mine tomorrow if the weather is decent. Way less stuff than you had but I need to ditch the cardboard boxes. :icon_lol:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow looks great WickedBruce alot neater still enough stuff to survive the apocolypse and a few emergency break downs

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cussed, screamed, im sold i threatened to sell it, got rained on......then relized this means bigger things!!

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave it some July 4th Loving with a wash on the outside and a scrubbing of the windows. Then I cut the original brake light wiring harnesses off leaving only the the export since what I had feared they were corroding. Then did a bulb swap out, put the regular bulbs in the rear fogs, and the LED's in the reverse.

The bulb swap.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning another wash tomorrow to get the firework debris off hate to love it

Last edited:

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the Libby to RMR which is about a mile from my place to watch a little racing action...then escaped a bit early to find a spot to watch the post-race fireworks! Nice night here in SLC...had a storm blow through about 8:30...wind & rain...then cleared up nicely and left us with a bit cooler evening to enjoy! :)

I posted the rest of my fireworks pics ---> HERE.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rig needed an attitude adjustment so I took it to church. I also used it as an opportunity to drop off the strange noises back to where they came from. Hopefully my Jeep will be a little nicer to my wallet and start showing some respect around here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to wash the Jeep today, until I peeled the curtains open.
It has been super warm here and no rain, so I thought we were in for a thunder storm this AM.. photo courtesy of News 1130.
52974[/ATTACH]"]

That is not rain, it is mega smoke from forest fires 30 miles away, moving into our region.
Apparently ash particles in many areas are now falling.
I think I will wait until it clears, & then wash the jeep...eek...We Need Rain!!

Attachments

• Smoke%20In%20Vancouver%20July%205%202015.jpg
    Smoke%20In%20Vancouver%20July%205%202015.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i dropped my trans pan today to fix a leaky gasket instead of replacing the trans with atf4 i added it to my engine oil then could not for the life of me figure out why she wouldnt shift into gear hmm maybe cause that dipstick says engine oil you dip sht so do an oil change buy more atf4 whole ordeal cost about $120 Should have been around $40 lucky me but she drives shifts and isnt shooting oil everywhere from being over filled

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So any damage i could have done should i sell it while it still runs or am i all good

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
How long did you run it for? Transmission pan dry not good for pump++
If you added that much atf+4 to the engine oil, you are way over full.
You need to drain and start over with fresh oil & filter. A little atf will clean it out, but a lot will thin things out & eat bearings and who knows what else alive.
I guess you now know where the transmission dipstick is to fill with ATF+4..
All will hopefully be good then?...

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran her about 20 minutes thinking it wouldnt shift because it needs to circulate yea i drained all my oil came out blacker than black never comes out black it sounds ok and it is shifting gears now

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Black oil ya...it got a lot of cleaner/thin ATF+4 treatment.
Keep any eye on the engine for any leaks and also the oil color and level every day for a while, and engine temperatures.
It sounds like you only did a drain and not the oil filter. I would do the oil filter too just to be on the safe side.
I am glad it is shifting ok, run it till it is good and hot and check color on trans dipstick and ensure it is on the full line hot.
I personally would want to scan the transmission in the near future, just to be on the safe side too.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to wash the Jeep today, until I peeled the curtains open.
It has been super warm here and no rain, so I thought we were in for a thunder storm this AM.. photo courtesy of News 1130.
52978[/ATTACH]"]

That is not rain, it is mega smoke from forest fires 30 miles away, moving into our region.
Apparently ash particles in many areas are now falling.
I think I will wait until it clears, & then wash the jeep...eek...We Need Rain!!

I hate the rain here, I think living near the meat packing plant, and tire production plant have begun to take its toll on the front windshield. I have a stain, that runs the length of the passenger wiper blade on the outside. I noticed I couldn't scrub it off yesterday. I'm going to have to Rain-X Glass Polish and use a claybar to see if I can get it off.

Attachments

• Smoke%20In%20Vancouver%20July%205%202015.jpg
    Smoke%20In%20Vancouver%20July%205%202015.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Nathan, we have not had any real measurable rain now in 2 months!
I am inside with A/C away from the smoke/smell outside, and more local fires are making it worse today. I hope it is better tomorrow, I think it is 91F here today.
Try what you have but if that does not work, find some jeweler's rouge. Glass companies use it to polish the windshields to remove wax and fine scratches.
It comes in a powder, and you make a wet paste, rub in with a shop towel, to remove stains. Water warm wash & then a good glass cleaner, should do it.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try that if I can't claybar it, I have to do all the windows so its going to add up in expenses. Somebody used a real hard cleaner or something before I got the Libby and it stained and I mean stained the windows bad. You can't see it until you get right up to the windows. The Detailer that worked at the dealership told me that somebody used a strong chemical with a bad mix, and didn't wipe it off in time causing the stains on the glass. Said it tends to be something common at huge car dealerships that try to scrub windows the best they can and often make it worse than when the vehicle came in.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black oil ya...it got a lot of cleaner/thin ATF+4 treatment.
Keep any eye on the engine for any leaks and also the oil color and level every day for a while, and engine temperatures.
It sounds like you only did a drain and not the oil filter. I would do the oil filter too just to be on the safe side.
I am glad it is shifting ok, run it till it is good and hot and check color on trans dipstick and ensure it is on the full line hot.
I personally would want to scan the transmission in the near future, just to be on the safe side too.

Oh yea i consume oil so i am always checking but will be extra vigilant and i did change the filter always do what do you mean by transmission scan like a diagnostic