What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove her to work on unplowed roads. Idiots pre-salted (the spray stuff) yesterday midday, but hadn't even gone out to plow or salt this morning by 8:15 when I, and everyone else, were on the road.

I live on a state route, by the way. Not one plow, not one plow mark, no salt.

Hundreds of cars on the road, most doing 35 and a few morons trying to do 50+ and sliding all over the damn place because the road was a slick as pig snot.

I hate this state.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove her to work on unplowed roads. Idiots pre-salted (the spray stuff) yesterday midday, but hadn't even gone out to plow or salt this morning by 8:15 when I, and everyone else, were on the road.

Hundreds of cars on the road, most doing 35 and a few morons trying to do 50+ and sliding all over the damn place because the road was a slick as pig snot.

I hate this state.

Same here, plows were few and far between for my 40 mile drive all the way to North Bethesda. I have to admit though, not much traffic for my drive. Cars abandoned all over the place. My road is a couple levels below a state route (It is paved at least) so I never expect to see the plows until at least noon anyway. Got to use the FT all the way in and some of the way home. Worked great and no trouble engaging or disengaging this time. Lack of traffic made it tolerable. Better than a few years ago when it took me 4.5 hours to get to work right after one of those 20" noreasters.

I have to get rid of those rust rails! Must have had 100 lbs of slush on there by the time I got home tonight. This pic is just the trip in. :favorites68:

Last edited by a moderator:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, plows were few and far between for my 40 mile drive all the way to North Bethesda. I have to admit though, not much traffic for my drive. Cars abandoned all over the place. My road is a couple levels below a state route (It is paved at least) so I never expect to see the plows until at least noon anyway. Got to use the FT all the way in and some of the way home. Worked great and no trouble engaging or disengaging this time. Lack of traffic made it tolerable. Better than a few years ago when it took me 4.5 hours to get to work right after one of those 20" noreasters.

I have to get rid of those rust rails! Must have had 100 lbs of slush on there by the time I got home tonight. This pic is just the trip in. :favorites68:

Time to trade them in for rock rails!

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
received all of the specialty tools for the re-gear...the carrier bearing pre-load adjuster should be here today.

now I have to find the free time to do the work.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Those came off my Renegade the first week I owned it lol, At least this time they were taken off by me, My wife took one off my 3/4 Ton while off road haha.

colorado76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday it was 54 degrees outside so I did an oil change. I got up today to head out to work. The temp. was 14 degrees with rain drizzling snow. Glad I changed my oil in nice weather, drove the KJ on some slick roads to work. The end of the work day is comming soon hope that the roads are better on the way home.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I hate this state.

City of Des Moines, here does very little even when they have ample warning of a massive storm coming in. You'll see plows dropping the brine crap on the roads, then as the snow starts they disappear only to appear a day later after the storm and there is a mess of cars because nobody knows how to drive properly in winter. People have routinely complained about it but the city does nothing. Of course the other half of the problem is, the moment they put on the TV a No Travel Advisory everybody jumps in their car and goes out making the situation worse than what it needs to be. I remember when there was a blizzard or a descent snow storm at that the streets would be empty. Now when the snow flies you have 3 times the amount of traffic on a clear day.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
City of Des Moines, here does very little even when they have ample warning of a massive storm coming in. You'll see plows dropping the brine crap on the roads, then as the snow starts they disappear only to appear a day later after the storm and there is a mess of cars because nobody knows how to drive properly in winter. People have routinely complained about it but the city does nothing. Of course the other half of the problem is, the moment they put on the TV a No Travel Advisory everybody jumps in their car and goes out making the situation worse than what it needs to be. I remember when there was a blizzard or a descent snow storm at that the streets would be empty. Now when the snow flies you have 3 times the amount of traffic on a clear day.

A kid died and two were transported to Shock Trauma because the idiots at the AACPS (schools) didn't delay or cancel school. Lawsuits are a-comin'....

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
A kid died and two were transported to Shock Trauma because the idiots at the AACPS (schools) didn't delay or cancel school. Lawsuits are a-comin'....

Somebody is gonna (and should) catch hell for that one. Have no idea what they were thinking down there. Frederick cancelled real early and MoCo did the two hour delay real early and had the sense to then cancel. :shrug:

DC schools were all screwed up too. They never cancelled and it was chaos!

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody is gonna (and should) catch hell for that one. Have no idea what they were thinking down there. Frederick cancelled real early and MoCo did the two hour delay real early and had the sense to then cancel. :shrug:

DC schools were all screwed up too. They never cancelled and it was chaos!

Absolutely they should catch hell. Basically, they said oops and sorry.

They did this about a year ago, too...they never learn.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely they should catch hell. Basically, they said oops and sorry.

They did this about a year ago, too...they never learn.

Yep, I remember something similar happened up in Frederick Co last winter. Strange one was a few years back when they tried to get everyone to school during a tornado warning instead of delaying until the line passed. It was right there on everyone's radar but no delay. They made it to school and went right into the auditorium until the threat was over.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I remember growing up in Ft. Dodge we had issues like that. DOT would call the Superintendent and tell him he had so long to close down the schools or else students would be staying the night because he wouldn't cancel school during a full out snow storm and the plows could not keep up in keeping the streets clean or safe.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The Christmas storm a couple years ago was like that. EVERY news outlet was calling for a monster of a storm the day after Christmas. So what did everyone do? Oh they just HAD to go to the stores to return shit and shop those sales. Result: 10s of thousands of cars abandoned everywhere because they couldn't move. I still say every town/county/state agency that had to tow an abandoned car should have impounded them and either sold them at auction or crushed them. Stupidity should be painful.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember growing up in Ft. Dodge we had issues like that. DOT would call the Superintendent and tell him he had so long to close down the schools or else students would be staying the night because he wouldn't cancel school during a full out snow storm and the plows could not keep up in keeping the streets clean or safe.

See, as a parent of a now school age child, I have NO qualms with telling the school to f*ck off and not send my kid in if the weather is that bad. If they don't like it I can recommend which small woodland creatures they can stuff into various orifices.

Last year we had a near-incident of that... storm warning was that it would hit in the early hours and was going to be a big producer. Wife and I went to bed and both decided the kid wasn't going to school in the morning, regardless of whether or not they officially closed. Luckily the district made the right call, but they literally waited until the last minute. It was 0630 when the call hit the distribution system. Hell the wife's office (which is literally a mile from out house) made the call to CLOSE the night before! If corporate is closing, you know it's going to be bad.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moved her 20 feet then plugged in the block heater. Later went to the gym and filled up with premium on the way back.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See, as a parent of a now school age child, I have NO qualms with telling the school to f*ck off and not send my kid in if the weather is that bad. If they don't like it I can recommend which small woodland creatures they can stuff into various orifices.

Last year we had a near-incident of that... storm warning was that it would hit in the early hours and was going to be a big producer. Wife and I went to bed and both decided the kid wasn't going to school in the morning, regardless of whether or not they officially closed. Luckily the district made the right call, but they literally waited until the last minute. It was 0630 when the call hit the distribution system. Hell the wife's office (which is literally a mile from out house) made the call to CLOSE the night before! If corporate is closing, you know it's going to be bad.

Five years ago when I was living with my Wife/then Fiance in New Sharon we had a hell of a blizzard followed by a day of 50mph wind gusts making it worse. I was trapped in town for a couple of days, could go anywhere I wanted but couldn't leave because all main highways were covered in a foot plus of snow. When the blizzard first struck, we both woke up at 3 am, I looked out the window of our upstairs loft apartment. Looked right at the road leading out of town east, took one look at her and said ''I'm not driving in this period you're not going to work." The aftermath of that was, I spent two hours digging out my car and my mother in laws car because both were buried deep seen here.

You must be registered for see images attach

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I spent two hours digging out my car and my mother in laws car because both were buried deep seen here...

Let me guess: You dug yours out so you could leave if you wanted to, and hers in the hope that she would. :icon_lol:

Latest posts

Members online