What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped the bug shield, hella lights, and kicker tweeters from Lucy onto Lucy II :)

You must be registered for see images

Next up boulder bars and trailer hitch bumper bully :)

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
placed some corrugated loom on the front diff vent hose and the PS line it was resting on to avoid chaffing issues. Also I found that the vent hose was resting on the steering column so I put some sheath on that location too.

Attempted to removed the transfer case fill plug but it's stuck in there pretty good.
Will be trying some PB blaster later at some point. :/

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Edit* Srry I ment to post this in "Random Thoughts" Thread not here please forgive me and my mistake, PLEASE!!

Looks like the wife will be taking over the Libby as a daily driver as I have been test driving a 2006 Dodge 2500 cummins long bed with 110k over the weekend and Im pretty sure I will be getting it if the dealer will fix the couple things I found that need attention, I am glad my wife is awesome and is willing to trade in her Subaru and start driving the Jeep, she knows how much I love the Jeep and she doesn't mind driving it! So I am glad we will get to keep it and get a truck!! :gr_grin:

Last edited:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to a local show

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Miss my 55 :whymewhyme:

Nice roof rack you have there, well and ARB and ........:icon_lol:

Would you just go and get your new ones already!:big_banana_Dance:

And thank you !:happy107:

And you should have seen the gasser.

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped the bug shield, hella lights, and kicker tweeters from Lucy onto Lucy II :)

Next up boulder bars and trailer hitch bumper bully :)

What tweeters (part numbers) did you use? I was thinking about doing this since mine don't sound great. Easy install?

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the liberty kicker upgrade quite a few years ago... I gotta see if I can find the part # but I think it came with 2 speakers and 2 tweeters... Install is pretty straight forward...

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a misfire occur for about a half hour of driving, then suddenly go away. key twiddling does NOT work on an 07, which *****. used my scan tool when I got home... P0306 (cyl6 misfire). I'll dig in tomorrow and see if there's some latent water someplace inside the damn boot.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that happen to me a few months ago. I power washed the engine and then went to go get dinner. Ran fine until the way back. Found out the stud that the coil on plug was on came loose and the coil was barely on the spark plug even with the top nut on tight.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a misfire occur for about a half hour of driving, then suddenly go away. key twiddling does NOT work on an 07, which *****. used my scan tool when I got home... P0306 (cyl6 misfire). I'll dig in tomorrow and see if there's some latent water someplace inside the damn boot.

Found that out when I was trying to catch check engine codes myself a while back. :thumbsdown:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lube oil change and tire rotation going to PLM the Trans pan don't want to deal with the rust on it any more plus extra cooling.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrapped the upper radiator hose up today with hose repair tape, should do fine till before the trip when I'll have that dealt with since the cuts were bothering me to a degree despite the hoses holding up well to long distance road trips, which I had to make an emergency one last night.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost got stuck in the mud running around the west desert with a trio of Exterra's. Put on a great mud flinging show that they all cheered for! There was no stopping...I was gonna bury it before I let off the go pedal!!! Woohoo!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Done so much over the summer to get KJ ready for winter. From new front brakes to Painting rusted areas to New upper rad hose, tensioner & new belt, under hood cleaning incl the muddy hood blanket etc it, I finally had time to drive the Jeep into the mountains for a day and blow the dust out.
We broke high temps today here across the province it was well into the 90's
Perfect picture for the end of summer here..
50571[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• JeepSolarStorm.jpg
    JeepSolarStorm.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to button up some other projects so I can work on the jeep.
tires
brakes
suspension freshening
backbone
plow

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
decided to get duratracs for my next set of tires, i liked the at3's but they wore out relatively quickly they are 50,000 mile rated but i havent even touched 40,000 on them and they have been rotated every 5,000 miles. now im looking at replacing my steel wheels with a set of aluminum ones.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was an absolute moron over the weekend.

I decided to go for a cruise on the beach. This was a beach I had never driven on before.

LAZY ME decided not to air down the tires (BAAAAAD idea). Got her stuck as soon as I hit a soft portion. Hopped out and aired down the tires. Tried again. Dug in about 6-7 inches at each drive wheel (the flex was kinda cool...). Yep. Smart move number 2: kept gassing her.

I had nobody to recover me and nothing to get traction. Left my Jeep on the beach at midnight and walked back to my buddy's house. Managed to get 5 wood planks.

Began jacking up the Jeep on passenger side. Jeep was too deep to fit the bottle jack under a steel support, so I decided to be a GENIUS (moron) and just use the sheet metal. Well...I jacked up the jeep, and as it was about half way up, I hear *CRACK* *RIP*. Well the bottle jack tip went right through the floor of the Jeep (yep. Smart me didn't use a wood block either. This is what happens when you don't stay calm and cool).

So now I open my rear door and see the bottle jack poking at the bottom of the carpet. Holy hell am I pissed. but i pushed it the hell out of there. I looked closely and I put the bottle jack RIGHT next to a weld seam in the sheet metal. Oops...

This time I'm smart. I dig under a stronger portion of the Jeep and fit the bottle jack under. Jack it up and get some sand and a piece of wood under the rear drive wheel.

Over to the front drive wheel (driver's side). Begin digging. And digging. And diiiiiiging. About 12 inches (the amount I sunk + what was left over to fit the bottle jack). Got the jack under...same thing. Jacked the Jeep up, placed sand and wood board under the wheel, put her down.

The rest was cake. Since the Jeep was level at this point, I just shoved the wood boards under the non-drive tires. Aired down to about 19 PSI from 30. Popped her in 4-LO, and drove out of there as if I was on concrete.

Was an experience for sure...but now I've got a lot of vacuuming to do, and gotta take her to the body shop. Certainly a funny story.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that is quite the story...not all good either...
Was there no way to call somebody with a tow strap to get you out?
Even a wrecker with a cable....would be a "solid" choice over a "hole" lot of trouble..

Members online

No members online now.