What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If had gone through all the info and made sure of what I was doing, I wouldn't have put them on in the first place.:birgits_tiredcoffee

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
If had gone through all the info and made sure of what I was doing, I wouldn't have put them on in the first place.:birgits_tiredcoffee

Oh well .. now your intimate with the front suspension. :D

I still laugh at how intimidated I was the first time I took it apart ... :cheers:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I let the KJ rest today :yawn:

Got back late Sunday night/early Monday morning from the LOST Jeeps East Coast Safari at Windrock OHV Park in Tennessee and spent Columbus Day just chillin' with my wife.

KJ is really dusty INSIDE thanks to playing caboose in the KJ train during the trail runs - but it's a happy Jeep! Ran some really good technical trails, saw incredible scenery and met great fellow Jeepers.

I'll do a narrative of the three-day safari later but for now here's a slideshow of the weekend. As the others post their pics and vids I'll link to them also.

HoosierJeeper and his son Ross joined us from this Board - great to meet you and Ross, HJ!

LOST Jeeps East Coast Safari 2013 slideshow

Bob

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to fill it with gas - first thing this am.

The bf drove it Thurs to the store and Sat to a friend's house for dinner (I spent the weekend in bed, sick). He left me with 1.5 gals. And no warning. Start it and the low fuel light is solid. Hmmmm

Couldn't take the Astro with a completely full 27 gal tank. Noooooo....

All I got when I ranted? Oh, sorry.

:lazer:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i didnt get to changin the hub because the noise isnt even the hub. I took my buddy for a ride in it and he said it sounded like the tires. Hmmmm might be it but who knows.

Anyways i did use simple green hd powersport degreaser(gets rid of mud like it was born to) and i degreased both front and rear braking suspension all that good stuff.
You must be registered for see images

Now when i did the back i made a discovery....

I changed these pads over the summer. My guess is that i got something stuck in there which wore em way out way fast as they were dirty as hell.
Heres the other side with i guess average wear

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Separate, sliders won't make noise unless the caliper is moving. Unless these are the fronts. You bought used tires yes? ThunderbirdJunkie's money is on tire noise. Pics of tires?