What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out today the 03 is Timberline Green Pearlcoat,...
well I knew that but with the snow, mud, stuff on the roads and gravel roads being real bad I almost forgot ;)
Washed it down good, started clay barring it and waxing, also some touch up underneath
March is a bitch. Hopefully it’s good weather from this point on

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One of my old friends owns a full service gas station about a mile from me.
Still pumps your gas, does tires, OLF, etc
Anyways calls me today to see if I'm busy, going to send a guy up with an 19 Wrangler with tire issues
Guy comes up, only a little over 19,000 miles on it, tires are starting to cup bad.
Told him bad shocks, " OH NO can't be that is still like new, "
So I pull a front shock off and you can push it down with one finger !
Both front shocks are bad ! Junk parts for sure !
Ordered him a full set of Bilsteins
I would be upset as well , paying that much for one and shocks bad already

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bottom of all 4 doors are getting that evil color.
wish someone would pop repro doors for these things already.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
All 12 of mine are still in good shape Thank goodness

One local KJ runs around here and bottom of all 4 is ate up about 3 inches, rockers are gone
Its in sad shape

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a public service announcement: change your cabin air filters if your Jeep has them. They are gross.

(I am always shocked when I see all the crud they intercepted and that I didn’t breathe in.)

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just dropped an order at Napa. New pads and rotors all around, plus a replacement ABS sensor for the one I broke and new, maybe brighter, headlight bulbs.

Reaction score
Jeeps been running alright recently, girlfriend told me a few days ago the oil light came on when she started her jeep so she shut it off. Turned it back on, and the light went away. Has stayed off since

I checked oil level as i did a change not even 1.5K miles ago, still in nominal range. weird.

$10 says its the famed "Oil pressure sender switch" I've heard of going bad

Last edited:

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they get nasty on KKs,
too bad KJs don't have them

KKs supposedly have them. But they are not behind the glove box like the books say. They are behind the radio or something, which I have yet to discover how to get in there to change them without tearing the dash apart.

Maybe they are different on different models.

Got the cross member. I just need to paint it with the POR15, then put it in.
dc

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes KKs surely do
NAPA Enviroshield Cabin Air Filter
Part # :
FIL 9093
Product Line :
NAPA Gold Filters
Complete vehicle to narrow results
ONLINE PRICE (USD):
$15.67 /Each

and they are behind the glove box, got a door on them which you release and pull both of them out
make sure you install them the right way
No tearing dash apart, very easy to change them out , 10 minutes at the most even if you are lost LOL

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes KKs surely do
NAPA Enviroshield Cabin Air Filter
Part # :
FIL 9093
Product Line :
NAPA Gold Filters
Complete vehicle to narrow results
ONLINE PRICE (USD):
$15.67 /Each

and they are behind the glove box, got a door on them which you release and pull both of them out
make sure you install them the right way
No tearing dash apart, very easy to change them out , 10 minutes at the most even if you are lost LOL

I have them from Mopar.

And, I have gone behind the glove box, and spent a long time looking at and fiddling with any and everything back there, and found no door.

After some searching on the internet and reading some books, Haynes, Chilton's, I was made aware that some of them are behind the center console. I will take photos if needed. I may be missing a door or something, but I have found other sources saying, no, they are not behind the glove box.

I do know they should be behind the glove box. I have changed that type many times before.

But my KK, they are not.
dc

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have them from Mopar.

And, I have gone behind the glove box, and spent a long time looking at and fiddling with any and everything back there, and found no door.

After some searching on the internet and reading some books, Haynes, Chilton's, I was made aware that some of them are behind the center console. I will take photos if needed. I may be missing a door or something, but I have found other sources saying, no, they are not behind the glove box.

I do know they should be behind the glove box. I have changed that type many times before.

But my KK, they are not.
dc
Hi David, see MtnLuvr’s how to link above. There are some good labeled photos there that should help you find it. If you have a 2008 Sport, you may not have it at all, and you can follow his directions to add it. That’s what I did.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plugs changed. Used copper core:
NGK V-Power Spark Plug (ZFR6F-11G)

drivers side 1,3,5
You must be registered for see images attach

passengers side 2,4,6

#2 above was alarmingly easy to unscrew, and looks like it had loosened over time. The boot on the ignition coil looked a little cooked. Maybe this was the source of the slight roughness the engine was having?

Starts right up and runs smoothly now. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have them from Mopar.

But my KK, they are not.
dc
I would never, ever trust Haynes or Chiltons regarding most everything
Their research is so bad for most things , I would not trust them if they said a Liberty had 4 wheels on the ground really
Their are some good videos out that show exactly where the door is if you have one, and MtnLuvr’s shows if you do not exactly what to do
How could a filter behind the radio do anything as far as air coming into the heater vents,

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have them from Mopar.

But my KK, they are not.
dc
I bet your KK didn’t come with the cabin filter option. I can guarantee it’s not hidden behind the radio area though. I had the dash off to do a heater core replacement and the center section has the air distribution box with the heater core, blend door and mode door etc. To the right of that is the housing for the AC evaporator. And to the right of that, behind the glove box area, is the blower motor housing. The filters go in a door slot just above the blower motor. Before modding my KK, there was no door there.

Not a fantastic pic, but you can see the air distribution box with the heater tubes going to it. Blower motor etc. is on the far right, although in dim light it’s hard to see.