What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil, oil filter, air filter and rotated the tires on the wifes 02.
New air filter and rotated the tires on the 07. Also greased the upper and lower ball joints.
Checked all the brakes, fluid levels and suspension parts while I was at it, everything looked good.
We love these jeeps, two of the best vehicles we have had.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Painted and installed all of the skid plates today. The gas tank skid plate was a nightmare to install by myself.
You must be registered for see images
Looking good, but try installing a Kilby gas tank skid, along with hitch a Rock Lizard bumper by your self, NOW that took some time and almost more smarts than I have ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh and swapped out the MBRP cat back today on the 03, went back to a more stock sounding one
At cruise on level the MBRP was great, pulling up long hills, pulling a loaded trailer etc was way to annoying
But if anyone wants to make a deal, its laying in the shop waiting for new owner , NO SHIPPING but may meet you somewhere close or so

highdesertkj

Reaction score
Looking good, but try installing a Kilby gas tank skid, along with hitch a Rock Lizard bumper by your self, NOW that took some time and almost more smarts than I have ;)

I had to drop the hitch to install the gas tank skid, then by means of magic lift both sides at the same time by myself so I could get a bolt started. I couldn't imagine trying to install a bumper by myself.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to drop the hitch to install the gas tank skid, then by means of magic lift both sides at the same time by myself so I could get a bolt started. I couldn't imagine trying to install a bumper by myself.
Ratchet straps, garage door overhead track, jackstands, jacks, cuss words were just a few things that got everything lined up LOL

Reaction score
I rebuilt a bad CV end on my front driveshaft while I'm working on the 4X4 system. Also I got my shipment of parts (And spares) for the rear diff when I get around to it.

You must be registered for see images attach

(Yes I know the bolts are in backwards, They're only there so I dont loose them)

You must be registered for see images attach

highdesertkj

Reaction score
Seat covers are a pain! At least on the KK they are. Did you have to snip & reinstall hog rings for that job?
Yes, I had to do the hog rings. I used some heavier gauge wire I had laying around instead of hog rings. Ran the wire around the rod in the cushion and twisted it around the rod on the cover. Seemed to work great.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Libby turned over 150K miles on Friday. Put new tires on her on Saturday. Firestone Destination A/T2 225/75/16

They said I needed a new front driveshaft, though not sure why.
Probably the boot on the rear CV of the front driveshaft has broken, and dirt has gotten in and is slowly destroying the joint. You don’t need a new driveshaft for that! Just replace the CV end for $40. See below.

https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/how-to-change-front-driveshaft-change-a-driveshaft-head.47161/