What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I finally finished my write up with pictures on how to make a durable, reusable and EASILY removable stainless steel mesh bug screen for your beloved KJ.

Last edited:

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 has decided she needs some garage time.

It started as a whiff of coolant last week and yesterday, i thought I lost PS fluid. Pulled into the nearby convenience store, and noticed it more. So, Lib is in the garage and new parts in hand. Now, it makes sense to : 1 - replace the valve cover gaskets 2 - fashion some PCV hose stuff 3 - hmm wide open - now the rack bushings 4 - all greasy - may as well repair that PS leak as well.

Oood times!

rootleaf

Reaction score
@randyre NO drilling of any kind was required. I added length to the wiring using butt connectors and heat shrink tubing. Then, I slid the wires into PET expandable braided sleeving. Then I used one zip tie to secure the wiring to the spare tire mount. With the rear gate open, I dismantled the plastic interior panel and used vinyl tape to secure wiring to the gate frame. Routed the wiring to the driver side tail light. Used Posi-Tap™ wiring connectors to connect to the brake wiring.

To be clear, when I close the rear gate, the wiring fits snug in between the door and the insulating seal rubber.