What are the biggest tires I can run with an OME/Rancho Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting OME Front and Rear Coil's on my KJ and upgrading to Rancho Front Struts and Rear Shocks. What size tire will I be able to fit with this lift? I plan to run BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO's on stock Renegade 16x7 wheels.
You must be registered for see images attach

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone else verify, but IMO - 245/70 with no trimming, 245/75 with trimming required.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running 245/75 but you wil have some rubbing at full lock and I dont know about trimming I havent had a stock bumper since a year after I bought the KJ but I could stuff some 265/75 if I was really wanting to have bigger tires I like the size of my 245/75 though

to get rid of the rubbing at full lock you either need wheels spacers or new wheels with a different BS like some cragar soft 8 wheels

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
thats a loaded question , what you can stuff in there and what you can run without cutting/bending and killing poser is two different things, but as suggested above 245-75-16s are a great all around size

KJ Renegade

Reaction score
I ran 245/75/16 Cooper STT's on my 3.7ltr KJ Renegade which has the OME HD suspension package. I had no rubbing at all! I do have the ARB bar up front. Since then I've gone to 31/10.5/15's but that took some work to run without any rubbing when wheeling. A test fit is always recommended if possible.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Well I saw a guy on cardomain that had the frankenlift II which is what im gonna get only with rancho struts instead of ome and he had spidertrax 1.25" spacers and fit 265/75/16's on his im sure he did some trimming but thats what I'm gonna look at gettin!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can see pictures on cardomain of all kinds of STUPID stuff that people do
just know that with 265-75s there will be lots of rubbing / cutting/ spacers may make it worse not better, also don't come back saying put a lift on and now getting only 10 MPGs

To lift correctly you need a good lift ( which you are doing)
Picking the right tires and wheel combination
And most importantly regearing for those tires, people will blow smoke and say that I went ten sizes bigger and no problems and they are full of crap

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get 245/75, thats what I have have and I plan on staying with that size for as long as I have the KJ or around that size

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 265/75's on 16x7 rims with 4.5" of BS,I'm also lifted 3.75" and regeared to 4.10's.I took alot of trimming to make those 265's work and look good still,the ARB front bumber and the RL rear bumber helped.I spent about 10-20 hours trimming and clearencing for those tires.I wheel my KJ hard here in the mountains of CO and I still have rub in one place that would take another $1000+ to eliminate,I'm not doing since I am SFA'ing my KJ and RL and myself have spent many hours planning the fitment of 35" tires with 7" of lift on a KJ and has driven my decision to buy certian parts over cheaper ones to make it all work.

Basically you can run just about any tire size you want(in reason) but know it will cost money to make them work and alot of time to make things look good and funtion properly.

From the pic below you can see the only place I rub now is the front of the rear fender flares,I've ripped them off many times and it has taken alot to get them to stay put with the slight rubbing in that spot.That is caused by the lift which moves the axle forward and it would be big money to recenter the rear axle.

But after all the work they 265's work very well with the regear and that extra 1/2" of hieght is so important here in CO playing on the rocks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.