Weekend Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of "smoked" lens'.
Not only illegal, but cut's down on actual light output.
And here in Richmond, B.C., you need all the help you
can get too be seen from the back. (Too many "New Drivers"!)

But I must say that I like the way Tom customized
His! Tail light lens'

Oh yeah!!! Those look pretty nice!!! I am looking at that, some reviews and what not to see if I want to try that !

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you use to paint the lens? Steps Please also :)

Use Nite Shades ( by VHT ) to paint your tail lights, I have done two sets with one can and have enough for another set yet, cheap and easy to do and SO MUCH better looking than those cheap Chinese knockoff lights
two lights coats and you're looking good
I taped off the lenses and sprayed two coats on the lights, removed the tape and two more coats over everything
You must be registered for see images attach

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok It has been a big couple days here... I have tinted the lenses, put rain guards on and debadged the lil lady!!! I will post pics of the debadging & rain guards soon! As for the lenses... pics are in the album! :happy175:

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your story & your pics.

I've done the "gutter guard" trick, a real cheap & easy mod. I still have of plenty of gutter guard left over to use on my gutters.

Painting my rear taillights with "tint" isn't a bad idea at all. I know just where to get some too. I plan to mod my rear taillights to add an extra lamp where the European foglight is designed to be. All it will take is drilling out a hole and adding a socket.

And the whole idea of painting the rims is clever. I'm not positive about the painting my rims with plastic paint. I might have to experiment to see just how it dries, how durable it will be.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to mod my rear taillights to add an extra lamp where the European foglight is designed to be. All it will take is drilling out a hole and adding a socket.

one thing to take into consideration about adding the extra light where the rear fog goes is that it will not be as bright as your normal lights because we have different lenses in the US.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one thing to take into consideration about adding the extra light where the rear fog goes is that it will not be as bright as your normal lights because we have different lenses in the US.

And I suspect no reflector behind the bulb within the lens, but it will look unique. I'll experiment with my idea and post my findings.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice KJ. You have done a lot of mods to it and it is Black.....my fav color...haha

Dave

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**Update**

Well, the project is pretty much complete!! I have now painted the calipers red, painted all the "grey" parts of the lil lady black and added my gorilla black lugs to the picture!! Thanks for all the advice and suggestions on here fellas :D Will post pics soon!!!

Members online

No members online now.