Website acting funny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been having trouble posting in the General Section.... not sure why....

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just posted in the "General" section and it seemed to be ok other than it misspelling my words.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
no problems here..

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, I'm not getting my emails on subscribed threads. Anyone else having that issue?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never get e-mails because I don't subscribe. I come here daily (few times a day) and check All Unread Topics..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so right now I am having problems getting past the main page.....just keeps saying "page not found".......finally got it to work and posted this. But I have a POS slow land line connection so it is probably that??

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
ok so right now I am having problems getting past the main page.....just keeps saying "page not found".......finally got it to work and posted this. But I have a POS slow land line connection so it is probably that??

Dave

More than likely. No issues on my end, but if some come up, i'll be sure to pester our wonderful leader :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
More than likely. No issues on my end, but if some come up, i'll be sure to pester our wonderful leader :D

Yea, thanks. Seems to be ok for me now.

Good to know you are the chief pestererrr......:D

Hope 08k got straightened around....

Dave

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the Moderators here in KJ country blocking long posts? Am I causing problems here in kj land and being punnished? Or is it im just unfortunate enough that everytime i type somthing long the web site screws up and i cant post what im trying to say? Either way its starting to annoy me A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I get nothing, just try and post and it wont, web site locks up and im stuck till i shutdown IE and start over. If my posts are short and light hearted, no problem, soon as i put some thought into them it farts out.... I think im just losing my mind....

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just babbled a bunch of non-sense in the test section and same thing, ok im not insane, but paranoid perhaps, just seems to be rejecting long or wordy posts. whats the deal?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the Moderators here in KJ country blocking long posts? Am I causing problems here in kj land and being punnished? Or is it im just unfortunate enough that everytime i type somthing long the web site screws up and i cant post what im trying to say?
Yes, yes and yes...

...web site locks up and im stuck till i shutdown IE and start over.
Well there's yer problem :D

I haven't noticed any problems with posting to the forum lately, but then again I'm not on here often enough that I would notice it if were acting up. Usually by the time I get home things have quited down to the point that there's just me, Marlon, and maybe a couple of other late-night people on the forum (oh and the overseas people, can't forget about our brethren across the pond or down under). Truthfully I think it's all in the 'pipes' that your using to connect, maybe you need some internet-grade liquid plumber or something, clean those suckers out so your little electronic packets-o-joy will just sail right on out into the ether. But then again who am I kidding, I'm just some guy rambling on incoherently about what I think of the situation and how maybe you just need a little more blue in your diet, or perhaps we all just need to jump up on our Jeeps and do the Hokey-Pokey, wow wouldn't that be a hoot? Then if everything looked good and the planets all aligned maybe I could finally figure out where I put that danged hot-air gun that I need to finish a project that I really should have done three months ago but I just kept putting it off because I wanted to sit here in front of my computer and read the random thoughts thread because those are mostly what I have anymore...

I'm sorry, what was the question?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Hmmmmm.....I'll look into that long post deal sometime today if I get a chance.

I do know that if you type a whole lot on CAPS it won't post it like that, everything will be converted to lower case.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
know that if you type a whole lot on CAPS it won't post it like that, everything will be converted to lower case.
nah, first letters remain capital, makes me feel like throwing up.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here Is An All Caps Post, You Should See First Letters Capital, Rest Small Case.. U.g.l.y.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here Is An All Caps Post, You Should See First Letters Capital, Rest Small Case.. U.g.l.y.
OK, so now I know what causes this. There are some people on another board that have posts that look like this, I always thought they were just ******** capitalizing every single word. I guess in reality they are trying to SHOUT but the board software won't let them. Nice :)

t_bois

Reaction score
First, I'm glad everyone has to use there inside voice when posting.

And second, the quote

"I need to finish a project that I really should have done three months ago but I just kept putting it off because I wanted to sit here in front of my computer and read the random thoughts thread because those are mostly what I have anymore...

sound too close to home!

Great site, thanks for the support.