Was just thinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking and discussing with the wife...that maybe the clunks I am hearing are due to me not upgrading my tires after adding the OME lift. Seeing as how most people get their lift and tires together...or not too long afterwards...most don't see this problem. I'm going to have to check my springs, but I'm fairly certain that due to the increased body height, the A-arms are now hitting my springs....whereas with the larger tires I would think they would be higher and have more room to come down. Anyone disagree?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking and discussing with the wife...that maybe the clunks I am hearing are due to me not upgrading my tires after adding the OME lift. Seeing as how most people get their lift and tires together...or not too long afterwards...most don't see this problem. I'm going to have to check my springs, but I'm fairly certain that due to the increased body height, the A-arms are now hitting my springs....whereas with the larger tires I would think they would be higher and have more room to come down. Anyone disagree?

I havent dont tires yet and my a arms very rarely hit the springs. Even jba control arms will hit according to brent. They have a better angle to give you more articulation but arent much longer. When does it clunk? Is it at random or under certain circumstances?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

yes disagree
Tire size / height will have no effect on the springs
I've done lifts on 3 or 4 that are still running stock size or 245-70s a couple of years after the lift was done
remove the clevis and you'll be fine if you're having issues

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only when turning over a bump or pothole.

Thats when mine hit too but like i said its very rare that it hits. Ive probly only heard it 3 or 4 times in the 3 months ive been lifted. From what i understand from talking to brent (correct me if im wrong) it wont do much damage other then pulling paint off of the springs. If it were a problem they would have designed the jba uca to fix that problem.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire size makes no difference with your springs and control arms.

My rear upper control arm hits the frame when i come off of bumps too fast.