want to lift my first car. i think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't need then front isolators reuse your stock ones
Don't need the rear isolators unless you are going to add a clevis or top plate for more lift

Again its all been listed out several times before

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need whats in my signature, minus the upper control arms (although they help), and the 3 conduit nuts are optional

So...two top plates, two rear upper isolators (no need for front iso), two teraflex bumpstops...and the full ome 927/948

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You need whats in my signature, minus the upper control arms (although they help), and the 3 conduit nuts are optional

So...two top plates, two rear upper isolators (no need for front iso), two teraflex bumpstops...and the full ome 927/948

If you want more lift than what the springs give you and the stock forward rake do his setup,
if you want level either have the top plate or leave out one isolator on each side in the rear

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not if you want me to work on them
had to fight through enough rust
take the power washer just to do a tune up
no more
dirty and rusty take it on down the road :whip::party52:

Ouch!! I'v been whipped:emotions133:, I wouldn't think of giving someone a dirty jeep to work on.:party52:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch!! I'v been whipped:emotions133:, I wouldn't think of giving someone a dirty jeep to work on.:party52:
You'd be amazed at how many poeple think it's funny.

Had a '93 ZJ come in so packed with mud you could not see the engine(not joking either) and wanted his valve cover replaced.Basically he wanted it cleaned,well he got a suprise with the extra $100 added to his bill for the cleaning of the engine bay.That's just one of hundreds and yes they all got charged for cleaning.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put a bad ass sound system in it, a cold air intake, a exhaust system (possibly just a muffler), big off road tires, and i want to put on a big brush guard.

For the bad ass sound system I recommend a good head unit (I've got a Pioneer), 12in single sub (Sony Xplod sounds great) and a good amp (Pioneer again). You might also want to look into capacitors as well so you don't have the strobing effect on your lights (I've gotta do the same). Also if you don't have the premium sound speakers from the factory (thankfully i did) you may want to look into upgrading them as well.

As for the CAI don't even bother, they don't do anything and are just a waste, I stick with stock air filter, not the K&N ones. In my book high air flow equals high crap flow.:roflsquared:

As far as mufflers go if you really want to piss off your neighbors go for a glasspack. (basically legal straightpipe)

Last edited:

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd be amazed at how many poeple think it's funny.

Had a '93 ZJ come in so packed with mud you could not see the engine(not joking either) and wanted his valve cover replaced.Basically he wanted it cleaned,well he got a suprise with the extra $100 added to his bill for the cleaning of the engine bay.That's just one of hundreds and yes they all got charged for cleaning.

Just got my Jeep back had to have the tow switch replaced wasn't working.
Cleaned it before I took in to the dealer and when I picked it up they just finished washing it. all for FREE !!! :headbang:(warranty)
They probably would have not washed it if I took to them muddy

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the bad ass sound system I recommend a good head unit (I've got a Pioneer), 12in single sub (Sony Xplod sounds great) and a good amp (Pioneer again). You might also want to look into capacitors as well so you don't have the strobing effect on your lights (I've gotta do the same). Also if you don't have the premium sound speakers from the factory (thankfully i did) you may want to look into upgrading them as well.

As for the CAI don't even bother, they don't do anything and are just a waste, I stick with stock air filter, not the K&N ones. In my book high air flow equals high crap flow.:roflsquared:

As far as mufflers go if you really want to piss off your neighbors go for a glasspack. (basically legal straightpipe)

I would go all alpine. Pioneer is kinda cheap... no offense i just dont like the sound it produces.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go all alpine. Pioneer is kinda cheap... no offense i just dont like the sound it produces.

I agree. High end pioneer is good, but most of their stuff is mediocre at best. And sony xplod is just garbage. There is definitely better stuff out there than Alpine as well...but if you're on a budget, I think Alpine makes some great stuff for a decent price.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. High end pioneer is good, but most of their stuff is mediocre at best. And sony xplod is just garbage. There is definitely better stuff out there than Alpine as well...but if you're on a budget, I think Alpine makes some great stuff for a decent price.

I had an some older alpine stuff in my ram and it sounded great. My jeep came with a pioneer installed and i hated it, switched it over to an old dual i had sitting around because it had readable usb and it sounds way better now. Cant wait to get rid of the dual though... absolute garbage lol

coin

Reaction score
i think that im gonna put in 2 orion hcca 10 inch subs because they have the most bass for your buck but thanks for the advice i'm not sure about what amps i'm gonna use because those subs use a decent amount of watts 3kw each