want new fog lamps 05 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capecodbob

Reaction score
Mine do not look so new anymore. They do not seem to be made of the same material as the headlight lens. Replace bulbs last year for better but not what I wanted.

Any suggestions for complete housing with brighter bulbs. MA resident.
I also want them to come on with key in on position to use as daytime running lights. Thanx, Bob.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They come with brackets for other applications but have side holes that line up almost perfectly with ours, so no modding at all
It's tedious to get the screws into the sides but once you do it's well worth it!
Make sure you know how to do some intensive wiring as these aren't specifically made for KJs, but if you take your time and do it right they look great
As for wanting LEDs, you could try some bulbs first in your stock housings and see how you like them, although I'd get some HIDs instead as they'd be much brighter and have better spread

Here are some LED bulbs I got for my Challenger in some 1A Auto housings:
You must be registered for see images attach

You also have to remember that if you have an 05+ you'll never have good fog lights unless going with HID because of how high they are on the body
I've tried bulbs, projector LED fogs, fogs that had probably 50 LEDs each on them, and now these and these are the only ones that have been decent for me

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Yeah - wiring is no issue, been doing this since '65. What is the black box that they call a "ballast" ?

Figure if need to just cut the wires and diy - all you need is ground, from original fogs and a power for the DRL.

Is the DRL white or some ricer crap?

They come with brackets for other applications but have side holes that line up almost perfectly with ours, so no modding at all
It's tedious to get the screws into the sides but once you do it's well worth it!
Make sure you know how to do some intensive wiring as these aren't specifically made for KJs, but if you take your time and do it right they look great
As for wanting LEDs, you could try some bulbs first in your stock housings and see how you like them, although I'd get some HIDs instead as they'd be much brighter and have better spread

Here are some LED bulbs I got for my Challenger in some 1A Auto housings:
You must be registered for see images attach

You also have to remember that if you have an 05+ you'll never have good fog lights unless going with HID because of how high they are on the body
I've tried bulbs, projector LED fogs, fogs that had probably 50 LEDs each on them, and now these and these are the only ones that have been decent for me
Now, if you have 02-04 then that's a different story because I believe Spec-D or someone similar has projector fogs that work great and are a good price

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solid white, like the newer luxury style DRLs
Also, I believe the ballast would be for certain vehicles that require it, but it isn't needed for ours

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks - I'll probably get some - when we leave the Arctic. Unless something better comes along.

Solid white, like the newer luxury style DRLs
Also, I believe the ballast would be for certain vehicles that require it, but it isn't needed for ours

capecodbob

Reaction score
I have recieved my fog lamps/DRL . Rainy and cold , so have to wait to install. I will not be using the PS as I only need fog. However , I do want to feed the DRL wire so they come on when the engine is running.Where is the best place to wire that in ? Anyone know ? Thanks, Bob.

capecodbob

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting these to work. I have set up using the ballast box just like the video and cannot get the turn or hazes to work. The booklet calls for another wire to be connected along with the yellow (found out that the blue ignition+ wire needs to be hot when testing in order for the fogs to light)but I can't tell what color and anyway it shows 8 wires and I only have seven.
Black -
Red +
Blue for DRL
Green for R turn
Gray for L turn
White for Haz (width)
Yellow for Fog

The booklet also has another wire shown to be connected with the(blue ignition+) yellow fog . I only need the DRL and fog to work.
1 fog won't work even when swapping plugs

jeeplib05 says we don't need the box. Can you tell me how you wired the 4 wires going into the lamps. Thanks , Bob

Last edited:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

capecodbob

Reaction score
I returned and got a new set. Hope to try them out tomorrow.

So I got them in and wired up, However I need to find a +12VDC under the hood preferably, that is only on when key is on/car running to provide for DRL feature. Thanks ,Bob.

Last edited:

capecodbob

Reaction score
So I am gettung around to posting results. Could not be happier. Lamps snap into place after removing all the hardware that comes on then. Put small screws back into threaded vholes on side of lamp and force into plastic holes on car. It will require some persuasion but once in no need to tighten up . They sit pretty level. I tapped into the feed to the fog lamp pigtail for the fogs to operate. I tied the DRL wire into the cold side of the feul pump relay to provide +12vcd that is on when running. I did not use the turn signal or hazard features.:icon_razz:.

Latest posts

Members online