Want decent remote starter for 2002

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turbodave

Reaction score
I installed a 'budget' POS system from 'bulldog' last year. And what a pile of junk that was. It would start - eventually - but it also drained the battery to the point that after two days you couldn't start it. Bulldog were extremely helpful - as far as telling me I must have wired it up wrong - using the instructions they provided....

So, that POS is getting ripped out, bit i need one i know will work. Has anyone had good results from any systems?
I have no security as such - all i need is a remote starter so the wife and kids don't freeze.

I'd 'maybe' be inclined to stretch to the MOPAR unit, except this appears to be for 2004 or newer... I just want one that i know will work.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used 3 different DEI (directed electronics) systems in various vehicles and I love them.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a AstroStart remote starter,I have had it in since new(5 1/2 years) with zero problems.It is not a remote starter that you can self install though,the instructions that come with it tell you what the wire is for but not where to hook it up to,you need access to there website to get the specific install instructions for your certian vehicle(must become a authroized dealer/installer).I was trained on how to install them and did my own install,cost me only $100 for the kit,1/4 mile range.Can be made to bypass OEM security,intergrate with security systems also.