Vent Shades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, (could not find what I wanted in searching, searched here and LOST)

I picked up some AVS vent shades from autozone and went to put them on Saturday. Thing is, holding them up to the window they don't even seem like they are going to do what I want them to. (Mainly keep rain out) The AVS design is very narrow towards the mirror which doesn't seem like it will keep water out even in the window is cracked the slightest bit. Are there any vent shades out there that have equal amounts of covering for the whole window? (Meaning not 1½ inch at the middle and ½ inch near the mirror)

Does Jeep make an OEM vent shade?

And for the record, I do not want the "in-channel" ones. They are nice, but the back window leaves something to be desired! :eek:

Does anyone have pictures?

Thanks! :D

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the OEM Jeep ones, I think they look really good. They do have a consistent 1-1 1/2 inch of space between the window and shade, I leave the cracked while raining all the time.

Plus they say "JEEP" on them :). I'd recommend them for the extra few bucks.

EDIT - here's pictures of my ride post-lift, decent shots of vent shades
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44746

Last edited: