Vehicle alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
What's a good garage to take our KJ to State side for an alignment with a year long or longer alignment guaranty/warranty?
Firestone comes to mind...
Anybody else?

I'm tired of paying $150.00 only to need another one a month later because we went off roading and it's out of whack again!
Got's to make our dollars stretch!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Firestone would be my recommendation. If you plan on aligning often when in the States, I'd opt for the lifetime alignment deal. Otherwise, the single alignment cost isn't horrible.

lkwoods

Reaction score
I've always used and been happy with Les Schwab. They're only in the Pac NW.
Yello does have a good point about Firestone's lifetime alignment though!

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to know Its not just me getting gouged at the alignment shop.

Least they know how to do mine now.

Your a quick trip across the border so it sounds like a plan.

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$150 for lifetime alignment is a good deal since everyone else is charging 60 and up. i have to look into it.

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lifetime alignment is the way to go! I had it on my last car, got it while on special for $160. I believe regular price is $170 or $190. But sometimes you can talk them down a bit, just don't make it sound like you'll be a frequent flyer. In the two years I had it, I used it 4x. Was going to go for my 5th before it flooded.

My buddy had it at one Firestone and eventually they started to give him the "oh it's you again" and started to do a half ass job. Then they started to insist it was due to bad suspension components. He would visit them 3-4x a year, as he swapped suspension between winter and summer, along with other odds and ends that needed fixing. Seems that shop just got upset they were not making money off his visits lol.

So find yourself a good Firestone shop and you should be set!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the lifetime alignment form Firestone(work there,cost me $70),use it at every oil change and get paid to do my own alignments.I think I've done pretty close to 40 alignments on my KJ in the last 3 years,think I got my $70 worth:smokin:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I booked an appointment via telephone this afternoon.
Regular price was $169.99. Got for $149.99 for the Life time alignment!
I also told him our KJ was lifted and get's wheeled, and asked if that would be any problem being from B.C., Canada and all. The service tech/mechanic on the phone just said "Cool, I look foreword to working on your KJ next Friday, then just bring it in after every oil change or sooner if you knock it out of alignment after off roading!"
This will end up paying for itself in the long run! As here, as I mentioned it's $150.00 each time!

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are lucky. The firestone shops around here will not sell you a lifetime alignment package on a vehicle that is not stock..... :disgust:

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish, but around here they give you the run around if you have larger than stock tires on it! "We can't align it to factory specs because it is modified...."

I'm surprised, least they can do is get it as close as possible and let the owner be aware of it.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised, least they can do is get it as close as possible and let the owner be aware of it.
That is exactly what we tell customers that bring in lifted/lowered vehicles and 99% of the time they are happy we will even try.

Now some vehicles we have to turn away but for good reasons.............

Alignment heads will not fit on rims(22"+ rims)
Vehicle lowered to much to actually drive on the rack
Long vehicles(crewcab long box pickups,our rack is not long enough)
Real short vehicles like the smart car,not long enough to sit on all 4 pads
Vehicles that weigh over 8000lbs,our rack lifting limit
Some vehicle require special tools like added weight(BMW's) or toe adjusting bars(most Mercedes)

When I align mine I put it into the computer as a '73-'76 F100/150 Ford pickup,4wd.

mdmaroon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're also in Richmond, you could go to Heinz Repair Shop. He charged me $95 and it's perfect.

He's a very experienced mechanic from Germany. Google it because I'm not sure I have the name exactly right. He's on Horseshoe Way, I think. Owner's name is Frank.

(read your post again and noticed the lifetime alignment deal... I don't know if he'll do that...but still $95 is better than what you were paying... Also, these Jeeps use like $500 in gas to get to the states..lol)

Last edited: