Upper control arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each their bone, but I didn't want to give up my nifty color matched Renegade wheels.
And for the record, I'm a smooth peanut butter person, others are crunchy. lol

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't have a set of wheel spacers up my ****, even if there was room for a steamboat.

Bob

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going to 1" of backspacing for more stability on track days...

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While, I've never been one for wheel spacers, excessive strain on the studs is enough for me to say no.. Why use a spacer though when you can get a good aftermarket option with the correct offset? I bet money you can use an 8" wide wheel on a KJ given the correct offset of the wheel. Stock offset is +41. If you wanna run 'em, do it! I'll just never risk it.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While, I've never been one for wheel spacers, excessive strain on the studs is enough for me to say no.. Why use a spacer though when you can get a good aftermarket option with the correct offset? I bet money you can use an 8" wide wheel on a KJ given the correct offset of the wheel. Stock offset is +41. If you wanna run 'em, do it! I'll just never risk it.

The wheel you described is the Moab Rubicon from Jeep - 8" wide with less offset than a stock KJ wheel. Gotta say - it looks pretty sweet on the Libby :mexsmoke:

You must be registered for see images

Bob

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheel you described is the Moab Rubicon from Jeep - 8" wide with less offset than a stock KJ wheel. Gotta say - it looks pretty sweet on the Libby :mexsmoke:

You must be registered for see images

Bob

Wasn't exactly my intention to describe that, but I won't put that past you! The Moab wheels look great! Point is, you CAN use an 8" wide wheel :gr_grin:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For clarity purposes, I thought we were referring to bolt on spacer adapters, like what I put on mine. My stock 16x7 Renegade wheels (they're color matched and I wanted to keep them, which answers the question why) have a back spacing of 5.5". My 1.5" adapters now gives them an adjusted backspacing of 4", which is a pretty popular consensus around here. The wheel studs will have NO more strain on them than what wheels having an actual 4" of back spacing would put on them, that's just plain ol physics.
Now, if you're talking about those slip on frisbee spacers, then yes those can put more stress on the studs.