Updates..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FREE STICKERS!!!! or as payment for how to writing!!! very motivating!!!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great guys. I love the ideas. Keep them coming. I noticed there are alot of users that wouldn't mind a like mod. How about a "Thank You" mod where a user can click a thank you button and it thanks the user for that post. It will show overall stats of how many thanks that user has received of the whole forum. How do you like that idea?

I can also add that google search here which is so much better. You all pretty much cool with that too?

Sounds good to me Shaggy.

Dave

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Once again, keep the ideas coming. This is your forum. Members make the forum.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
As I just saw alot of just glancing through this first page, I too love seeing How To's I've made a couple myself and have been told they were very helpful! And I know they would've been for me when I was trying to figure out how to do it myself. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words! Sometimes you can't explain things verbally as well as you can in a photo. Also I'm kinda partial to the skin, I like the blue and when I see it I just think JKJC. I like the idea of a "like" button also! I think it'd be need to have something like that if possible as well as like one that says "agreed" or a "what he said" or something that would be handy like that.

Edit:
After reading every reply to the thread I wanna stress too that the looks in not what brings me back to the site. It's the other members that are so eager to help me when I'm in need and the extremely detailed content that is readily available and easy to access. I don't want to jump through 15 hoops just to get to what I'm looking for. Also I really do think the improved search would help the repeated posts from new users like what kind of lift do I need and tires and so on. But like others have said searches usually are a problem on forums. I don't think you'll ever stop those annoying questions until the posters mature a little and get used to the site. I know that's what had to happen to me. I'm sure probably 50-100 of my posts are crap like what's the biggest tires I can fit, what do I need for this lift, or how bad will this hurt my gas mileage. But it never failed some faithful soul answered those stupid things. I'm all for new users because at one time I was one. However, I think the new users should come to the site, not the site chase them down. Useful new users will be questing for information because they want it and eventually they may be a useful part of the site helping others. Also, the up and downs on the usage like many have said is definitely a norm for this forum. I know that even I visit the forum on ups and downs. This is the first time I've been on in a while! I may go a month or two without being on and then the next two months I may be on everyday for 2-3 hours at a time! If I run out of extra money to spend on my kj I usually loose a little interest in checking up on the forum to see what's new and cool because I know I'm not financially supported right now enough to be modding my kj more lol. And I noticed someone said that the site shouldn't all about new users and how to's and FAQ. I'd like to say that I've been a platinum supporting member for over two years now love the pic contests and water cooler forums and lift kit sections and all that but I love the how to's more than anything on the site! They're so neat for not only isntructional purposes but too just too see all the possibilities for you rig! The things you could do if you wanted and usually theres alot of neat tricks in there that someone thought of that you might not, or something that you thought of but weren't confident enough to figure out how to do it on your own! Like how to rewire your fog light relay to keep them on with your high beams! I've always thought that would be cool but never knew how and didn't want to try on my own then I found the how to and did it in no time! I think thats all for now haha.

Last edited:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
love the how to section, Im there quite often browsing.:happy107:
how about a sticky that shows what years parts will interchange between all the jeep models? (or is this here allready? I'm still new here)
personally I own a kj . but love all jeep models.

also if the search function could be more user friendly some how?:think:

other then that I think this site is awsome!

I'm sure there are some users here who have tons of that kind of information tucked away in their heads and it would a HUGE asset to have that available to all the users on the forum.

Even just simple stuff from like the shocks off a durango will work with a lifted KJ temporarily, or that a 3.7 out of some other chrylser vehicle will bolt up in a KJ(incase you blow yours up like budke lol) I just think that would be really helpful. It would need to have a funny name for the sub thread like recyclable jeep parts directory lol.

Honestly shaggy 2 huge improvements to the site would be Stickers. how about a free sticker for ever how to you write, or ever 3rd or 4th how to you get a jeep kj shirt.

Yes! I love shirts with JKJC on them lol I have a couple but need more!

Another thing I just thought of, how awesome would it be if we had some type of meet or something one day or for a weekend somewhere pretty central for everyone to come to! It would be great to actually meet the guy that talked you through rebuilding your rear differential over the internet in person! It would be like a JKJC convention or something! We could even make it into some type of fundraiser for the site. This may already happen I'm not sure but it would sure be cool. We might even go wheelin one of the days!

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks - I'm fine with how the forum looks now - I see no point in change for the sake of it! I think an FAQ section would be a good idea, and (as everyone else has said) a better search function. This site's search is by no means the worse, but it could be better, and if your google search function brings that improvment Shaggy, then I'd be happy with it.

Otherwise, as someone above said - contributors ebb and flow. Some weeks there's hardly anything new, other times it seems non-stop - depends what else is going on in people's lives.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does seem like for the most part, people just want people to be active, without being overly active...

I like the idea of an archive area, putting all the "how-to"s from the past into one area, and locked so more info can't be put into it. edit them and get the B.S. posts out of them so they are just the meat and potatos of the how-to. then attach several searchable phrases to it... ie: a how to on the installation of a snorkel kit... make it so that the key words snorkel, air intake, air filter, etc... typed into the search will bring it up, or say, a how-to on installing upper control arms, (just the meat and potatos of it), keywords linked to it could be, upper ball joints, control arm, JBA, etc...
Also, being able to just browse through the "archive" section one thread at a time could be nice
just my $.02

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The layout looks cluttered. It does not have to be a LOST clone, but that lay out is much easier and cleaner to navigate.

The biggest draw back here to me is that this site is primarily a personal blog for about 3 people. If you don't care for them or their posts, there is no reason to come here often. Being a huge post ***** on dozens of websites or an emo child are not reasons to be banned, but it certainly doesn't make it pleasant to visit as random topics is the most visited area.

Tightening up the more mature and free-wheeling content would be a death blow, IMHO. The reason this site has kept going, and this has been said repeatedly, is that it is less **** than the competition. I think you would fail big time if you try to be a clone of the goose-stepping LOST regime. I simply password protect my 'net access to control what my children can and cannot see. I then have my kids access the net through a kid-centric site that limits accidental exposure. As a parent or someone who supervises kids this is my repsonsibility. You could make the members only section only accessable by logging on. That would offer some measure of access control without limiting content too much. From there it is the caregiver's responsibility to control access.

Most here probably could care less about like/dislike as I for one do not look to the web for my warm fuzzies. But if they were easy enough to incorporate I don't think having such a thing would drive people away, either.

Good luck

X2 , pretty much sums it up for me. After the buyout and Budke crap, I stayed away...on to many other boards to worry about this one. If I have spare time, I may stop and add something here/there. Not much you can add to attract me more other than getting rid of all the stupid ad's every other reply, but I know it helps pay the bill.

KJNJJeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The forum does look fine as it is. If you want to play around with it and change the colors a bit that would be cool as well. Mix it up. I have to agree that a better search feature would help!

daninct

Reaction score
Fine as is

I think it is fine as is. Anything else is gravy just don't go to wild and make it difficult to navigate. Search works and the topics now are easy to see and locate great info.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
X2 , pretty much sums it up for me. After the buyout and Budke crap, I stayed away...on to many other boards to worry about this one. If I have spare time, I may stop and add something here/there. Not much you can add to attract me more other than getting rid of all the stupid ad's every other reply, but I know it helps pay the bill.

So you are saying you liked having an admin that was never here? Never here to ask your opinion, or to fix issues when the arised? I am here everyday. I am asking all of you what you would like to see out of this site. I just don't get your statement at all. :shrug:

Hooper

Reaction score
improvements

I'm a noobie to this site. I can't really comment on changes that I would like to see because I am pleased so far. I can tell you that I came here once for information and got it on the first try. None of the other sites have been that useful. I like fun, however, so have at it so long as the content remains at least as good.

thanks,
Hooper

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the (how to) but I do think a (when to) would be nice to go with it and you could add an (I need to) so members can ge help with out trying to find it in the search.
I would also like to see a member of the mounth with full pictures and a list of there mods something like readers rigs in other mags that we all read.

Thats my 2 cents and thanks for asking.

ron.dittmer

Reaction score
It would be great if we had an area for members to post Jeep Liberty items for sale and "WTB" Wanted To Buy.

I am on a Corvette forum which has such, and that area gets a lot of activity.

Latest posts

Members online