Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

• Blue

• Violet

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So quite a few of you have been asking, and here the info.

Underbody/Interior lighting on a jeep liberty.

For those of you who are blind, I have an 05 renegade.

And let me preface this by saying, it is incredibly simple to do, and it can make your Liberty stand out 300% better than before(As per results from an independant research company).
Moving on.

Here are some of the final result pictures. I am going kind of backwards with the pictures here since I kind of installed them spur the moment and havent taken the detailed shots yet. (Don't worry I set aside time tomorrow morning for the photo session.)

Anyway. Here we go. Information will follow this set of pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

Power Inverter for the interior lights

You say Bull Bar. I say workbench.

Parts and Panels begin to fly. (Hey that could be a song)

Old lights

Old lights on right, new lights on left.

Its so incredibly easy to crawl under this thing.

I put four 12" bulbs under the back set.

All set.

Now to make it all wireless.

Straight from China, home to every random electronic accessory you can think of.

A closer look.

The relays. SPDT with connections for both NC and NO

Couple of poses.

Hot.

Ok then; on to the information you are going to want now.

Please take note that I have included the links.

Materials Needed to Complete Project: "Glowing Liberty"

1 - Green Led underbody kit. Comes with mounting hardware. - buy -
1 - Power drill
10-20 - Self tapping screws ( SHORT! )
Tons - Zip ties
A bit - of finesse

6 - 12" Green Cold Cathodes - buy -

2 - 600V cathode Inverters (comes with a cathode kit, try not to buy them seperate)
1- Wireless control module - buy- (Scroll down to see mine S12-4T with C-4 remotes)

2 - 600V Dual Cathode inverters (You'll understand later)

1 - wire stripper
1 - crimp tool

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, looks like a Romulan Warbird (biggthumpup) Personally I think I'd go with the red kit, but thats because it would be better when I go out with my telescope (red light doesn't affect your nightvision like other colors can). I've been thinking about adding some under-carriage lights for night runs, this may be a good solution. Thanks for the write-up, Miah.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
Wow, looks like a Romulan Warbird (biggthumpup) Personally I think I'd go with the red kit, but thats because it would be better when I go out with my telescope (red light doesn't affect your nightvision like other colors can). I've been thinking about adding some under-carriage lights for night runs, this may be a good solution. Thanks for the write-up, Miah.

Last winter I got stuck in some ice, see pics below with my old blue lights underneath.

Anyway, long story short; after being freed from the ice hole, we had to back down a frozen hill, with a 50 foot cliff edge 10 feet from the bottom of the hill, on unfamiliar terrain in the dead of night with almost no moonlight. So I turned on the underbody lights (Which had been sitting completely submerged in ice water for 4 hours!) and you could see every angle of the ground underneath. It was like a gift from the heavens.

Submerged.

Still work, beautifully.

I will swear on the quality of these lights, and for $60 and free shipping YOU CANT GO WRONG!

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
Wow, looks like a Romulan Warbird (biggthumpup)

I was thinking Borg. (biggrin)

Looks really nice, Miah! Great write up.
I'm still debating if I should go with green or white (for a light khaki Rennie)...maybe I should put up a poll.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that in AZ you can get pulled over for most colors of underbody lighting. So you may want to check that out since AZ has pretty relaxed vehicle restrictions compared to the rest of the country too. It has to do with only emergency vehicles displaying certain colors. Of course, you could put them on a separate toggle to turn them on or off depending on the situation.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Just be aware that in AZ you can get pulled over for most colors of underbody lighting. So you may want to check that out since AZ has pretty relaxed vehicle restrictions compared to the rest of the country too. It has to do with only emergency vehicles displaying certain colors. Of course, you could put them on a separate toggle to turn them on or off depending on the situation.

In michigan, where I live. All colors of underbody lights are completely illegal on road. For the same reasons as AZ.

However any color is 100% legal while offroad in all 50 states so who cares anyway! \:D/

Members online

No members online now.