Ultra high-mileage liberty!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Is that KM or Miles? Nova = Scotia? =KM? then its only 240k miles still a lot.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its miles look on the speedometer. Great to hear you hit the 400,000 mile mark, what is the secret to keeping it running that long.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Your right...miles it is ...I see it clearer this AM..
Proof that eyesight does get fuzzy without glasses... after a 6 pack ! :drink_nl: :icon_lol:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I currently have 272K KMs (169K Miles) on my 2003 Renegade and just had the transmission rebuilt with a laundry list of other things replaced/rebuilt and the engine always maintained and running strong, I should have lots of life left in her!

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I currently have 272K KMs (169K Miles) on my 2003 Renegade and just had the transmission rebuilt with a laundry list of other things replaced/rebuilt and the engine always maintained and running strong, I should have lots of life left in her!

interesting... my transmission exploded at 168k+ miles.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which transmission do you have? I've got the NV3550 5 Speed manual but I think my issue was self inflicted from the mud pits haha.

Holy cow, and I thought mine had a lot with 99k. That is very impressive, especially on the original engine.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy cow, and I thought mine had a lot with 99k. That is very impressive, especially on the original engine.
99,000 isn't even broke in yet, she's got at least another 100,000 :icon_lol:
Buddys 03 is now at 235,000 with other than a little oil usage no problems.
Mine only at 210,000. Jaymes at 235,000 or so as well I think

jeepontruckin

Reaction score
The original ****** went out at about 300k. It was the 4 speed auto. By the way, its the 3.7 in it. It does have a little oil consumption issue however, but thats to be expected with this kind of mileage.

Also NOVA-Northern Virginia

jeepontruckin

Reaction score
how's your oil consumption like?
use any additives?
synthetic oil?

Oil consumption....Yeah, about that....lol

Its at about 1qt every three days, or 1500 miles, whatever comes first! I did just try some of that No-Smoke additive for the 1st time about 500 miles ago.
Im trying to get another winter out of her before the rings get to bad. It drives really well and still has plenty of low-end power considering the mileage, but it gets a lil smokey sometimes

jeepontruckin

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow responses, been fairly busy the last week or so.

You drive 500 miles a day?

EDIT: So 500 miles would've been yesterday?:ROFLJest:

I may have over-estimated myself a bit. Over the last week ive been doing 300-350 a day average, hence the mileage of the vehicle. But its is one of those "fill the oil, check the gas" type of sitiuations. Im keeping an eye out for an engine, but now i kinda want to see how for this thing can go, you know? i Should be around 430k on this engine come summer, which will be when i plan on a swap.

Cacher123

Reaction score
260K miles on my 03 Renegade. Not a bit of body rust but she's getting tired. Starting to burn a little oil. Can't find my front drive shaft either.