UK spec Jeep Cherokee 2.5 CRD Sport console mayhem ......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joncat

Reaction score
Hi to all !
I have a problem that is driving me nuts !

I am fairly certain my cherokee (liberty ?) has many of the features that you folks have on your kj vehicles ?

My problem is the overhead console - what works :

Passes the test - ignition off, hold down buttons etc..........

Displays temperature........

Displays elapsed time..........

Compass works............

Everything else is 0.0 !:confused:

MPG etc etc

I have disconnected the battery for half an hour, no difference - still passes test, still no fuel related info displayed..........

I could understand if it were only fuel remaining etc but everything else, instant, average mpg etc ???

I have TRAWLED the web and cannot find anyone in a similar position.

The dashboard speedo has a fault also (connected maybe ?) - it displays 0 mph until on the motorway when I get up to about 65 mph there is a "bing" then the needle jumps to display 65mph and will hang about a while, then drop back to 0 mph after a while..........a little later when I am at 65 again it will "bing" again and jump back up to display that or thereabouts...........

Occasionally - sorry to blither on ! - the ABS light is displayed and now and then the check engine light........plus the handbrake light !

All brakes are fine - just replaced the rear drums (yes drums) and shoes....

Handbrake fine..............

Would really like to get the overhead console doing what it should be doing - especially as it says via the "pass" message that it is !

Any help MUCH appreciated ,

Jon - Sunny South Wales, UK.................:)

joncat

Reaction score
Any ideas folks ???

Hi anybody like to chip in here ?

Grasping at straws my end - am I looking at taking it to a Jeep dealer or can anyone help me ?

Jon.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure at all. The only thing I can think of is that your battery/alternator may be crapping out. I have heard that can cause a lot of false lights.

Not sure on the overhead console. Sounds like the wiring isn't correct. Did you add it, or was it equipped on the vehicle originally? Wierd that the temp works, but nothing else.

Mark

Reaction score
Hi I had similar problem on a Ductto van a cable connecting block in the dash had somehow come apart and was not making all connections but that was not as complex as you set up. Mark :-k