Turn off tpms / mil lights - has anyone been successfull?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plassboer

Reaction score
Hi folks from Sunny Scotland!
Got an 06 KJ with 6 speed manual but the tpms & mil (activated by tpms) both on. The warning on overhead display says it's for the spare but...there are NO tpms now fitted on the vehicle (legal in the UK but if the mil light is on it cannot pass its annual mot/inspection). Got, with a quality scanner Maxidas ds708, into the ecu/skreem and see 4 x serial numbers for the old tpms units and it asked for a pin, then jumped straight to activte/deactive buttons. So clicked deactivate and ...nothing - lights still on. Contacted Jeep UK for this "pin" which I have seen in vids can be obtained from dealer or via the eprom (out of my skill set), but they said..."WHAT?" - never heard of it....so over to you folks for assist please.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may? be referring to me. I'm still unresolved as to why the TPMS system on mine is wigging out (never had it, never had it active, yet it flashes like the spare sensor is MIA.)
I'm starting to think the WCM has failed. problem is, that's part of the SKREEM module.

and as for the PIN, they're either playing dumb, or are dumb, but regardless getting the PIN is a pain in the rump roast.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and you're sure the MIL is on for TPMS? no other codes present? in fact, what codes ARE present?

Plassboer

Reaction score
Doing deep dive on codes via full menu access on scanner gives nothing except for a few historic codes and a locked in code p0610 which folks seem to think is for a change of autobox - but this is a manual so that code activates the esp lights (the esp on/off switch on column does nothing when light is activated)...next problem to deal with. The tpms only indication of the fault other than the dash lights is the overhead display says low pressure for spare - none of our professional scanners can read the overhead display even though the menu is avail on the scanners we just get a "cannot communicate" message.

Last edited:

Plassboer

Reaction score
OK then - so I guess it seems fair to assume due to the overwhelming silence on this subject (thanks to those who did respond) that, of the whole of the KJ (and other Jeeps/Chryslers that are linked) community worldwide, this has never been resolved with a documented solution.....awesome.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine hasn't got TPMS, however if the system is part of the SKREEM module then you may have some joy if you have the ECU modified to remove the key fob immobiliser, there's a company in Norwich who look like they can do it, might be worth talking to them?
I have never used them or had any dealings with them so this is a stab in the dark.

You must be registered for see images attach

Plassboer

Reaction score
Much appreciated. Sent them email but will prob be next year now before proceeding. Jeez I thought Troopers/Montereys were troublesome but at least they get resolved. Bl**dy half breed Fiat/Jeeps seem to be the unwanted illegitimate child of that decade.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a launch scanner, i deactivated the tpms with the pin, however the lights of flat tire keeps blinking. I guess if you take the Libby to a dealer they can annul the mil

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I never had TPMS installed. Then nine years ago I had a break-in and serious damage resulting in the steering column being rebuilt. Had that stinking flashing light ever since, every ten minutes for a full minute, then nine minutes of peace. Three different dealers in two different states could do nothing. (Aside from arguing with me that it was "normal", which forced me to have to wave the law under their dumb noses and show them my build sheet.)

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The company I mentioned say they can set the ECU back to new status so if the SKREEM isn't plugged in on startup it won't be installed, assuming the tyre pressure system is part of that then it shouldn't be enabled. I'm guessing here as I haven't worked on this system.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had TPMS installed. Then nine years ago I had a break-in and serious damage resulting in the steering column being rebuilt. Had that stinking flashing light ever since, every ten minutes for a full minute, then nine minutes of peace. Three different dealers in two different states could do nothing. (Aside from arguing with me that it was "normal", which forced me to have to wave the law under their dumb noses and show them my build sheet.)
that's the state i'm in now.
i've thought of turning tpms on, then removing the damn bulb from the cluster!

or if i could find a way to factory wipe/reset the SKREEM/WIM maybe I can solve it?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I FIXED MINE!!!!!!

relevant post (for me to fix mine) quoted in case of LJ disappearing...

uncaged said:
OH MY GOD I FRIKKEN LOVE YOU GUYS!

I have been fighting the TPMS system for 2 years, and must have spent $400 on various sensors, a new SKIM/SKREEM (and keys) and an unbelievable amount of time testing, finding no answers.

As soon as I read this I ran out with my DRBIII and it worked!

To recap the procedure with the DRB:

Go into the SKIM/SKREEM module, with your 4 digit pin, and disable the TPM system. The yellow tire light on the cluster (which on mine used to blink because of its error state) now turns on solid. The EVIC on mine changed from "Check TPM System" to showing compass and temp.

Go into the Interior and Body section, and to the Cluster. In there, choose Reset learned options. The yellow tire light goes off!

Cheers!

I did mine with my Autel MS906Pro. The two relevant areas were...
Body -> SKIM/SKREEM/TPM (to disable the TPMS. SOLID LIGHT, not flashing is the mode it needs to be in.)
Body -> Mechanical Instrument Cluster -> clear learned options

of course the cluster needs to be reset. it's not one wire/one function any longer... the cluster is a network device.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I had the device to do that. I have dealt with the every-ten-minutes flashing light for over nine years now.

Glad you got yours! :)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll make you an offer:
if you ever get your PIN, and you ever want to drive a bit east, (if there's a) next time i'm in the pittsburgh, pa area, i'll bring my tool, we'll meet up, and i'll fix it for ya.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I FIXED MINE!!!!!!

relevant post (for me to fix mine) quoted in case of LJ disappearing...

I did mine with my Autel MS906Pro. The two relevant areas were...
Body -> SKIM/SKREEM/TPM (to disable the TPMS. SOLID LIGHT, not flashing is the mode it needs to be in.)
Body -> Mechanical Instrument Cluster -> clear learned options

of course the cluster needs to be reset. it's not one wire/one function any longer... the cluster is a network device.
How did you reset the cluster?

birddog777

Reaction score
Just remove your gauge cluster and remove the light behind for the TPMS warning light

Members online

No members online now.