uhh...6.2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenCaRD

Reaction score
hey guys! first time to post so ill make it fast... just got a "malfuncition indicator light" out of nowhere, i checked the gas cap, i reset the computer and its still on :(... i did the hold the odometer button and turn it on to run the on board diagnostic thing and all i got was a 6.2...wtf does that mean?, all the error codes i see online begin with a P-...any help would be awesome (by the way '06 kj crd 4x4, if that makes a difference)

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys! first time to post so ill make it fast... just got a "malfuncition indicator light" out of nowhere, i checked the gas cap, i reset the computer and its still on :(... i did the hold the odometer button and turn it on to run the on board diagnostic thing and all i got was a 6.2...wtf does that mean?, all the error codes i see online begin with a P-...any help would be awesome (by the way '06 kj crd 4x4, if that makes a difference)

Holding the trip button in while turning on ignition only exercises the lights and gauges in the console...ie. you get "pinging" while the cluster lights go on and off and the gauges sweep back and forth. The 6.2 you are left with is the Software version of the BCM or ECM I think.
You cannot get codes from a 2006 KJ using the ignition ON/OFF four times trick...that was stopped from about the 2005 models.
You need to go somewhere where you can get the codes read out with a scanner....once you have the codes go to lostjeeps.com, CRD section, for the best advice on CRD problems.

warp2diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Code Scanners are cheap at Harbor Freight since they are charging what they are worth. Other parts stores sell the same Made in China stuff for more with different colored plastic housings. Autozone, Advance, & O'Reiley will scan your codes for free and hope they can sell you the parts.

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advance, maybe not any more. Back in January up in NC, I heard one of the workers mention, as he was going out to read the codes on a customer's car, that within a few weeks they would be prohibited from reading codes on customer's vehicles - most likely a corporate decision, brought on by a lawsuit from a customer that threw money and parts at a code until it went away - then tried to sue Advance for their own stupidity.

Members online

No members online now.