U-joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmwoodsman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04--Sport --Auto--Anybody happen to have the Napa part # for front and rear greaseable u-joints? The Napa here is saying you can't replace front one on rear driveshaft. Also what do you use for clamps on the boots after you remove driveshaft? I assume you have to cut clamps off to remove driveshaft.Thanks

Last edited:

TomO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about NAPA, but I found Duralast 2-4800DG which claims to 'Fit All Locations'.

I know I need to get around to replacing a few in our KJ soon, but I haven't started yet.

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can go to www.napaonline.com and do a vehicle based search. They've greatly revised their website and it's very easy to do a parts search now. Also allows you to "reserve" a part, so that the store you select will get it shipped in from the warehouse and they'll give you a call when it arrives, and you pay for it when you pick it up.

Matter of fact, I was doing some research on their website the other day, looking to see if they had a master rebuild kit for the rear diff, and came across greaseable u-joints for the rear driveshaft.

Another place you can check for greaseable u-joints is Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, www.4xshaft.com . I've got a set of his Gold Seal greaseable u-joints on my CRD.

As far as the clamp on the rubber boot, you can pick up metal tystraps at Home Depot in the Electrical department.

Last edited:

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O'Reilly Auto parts also carries the grease-able super strength Precision (Federal Mogul) u-joints. I bought a couple a month or so ago. They cost me about $12 each.

WesChapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O'Reilly Auto parts also carries the grease-able super strength Precision (Federal Mogul) u-joints. I bought a couple a month or so ago. They cost me about $12 each.

I bought my u-joints from O'Reillys also. I have an 05 and their computer lists two different parts numbers. They first set I got was the wrong size and we verified the parts in the box matched what the box label indicated and that matched the computer. Tried the other part number and the fit was perfect.