Type 43?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua

Reaction score
Hi fellow KJ owners, I just bought a used '05 2.4 6speed with 60k miles. I know I should have got a V-6, but we were looking to save some money and it was cheap. My question is reguarding the "type 43" written at the bottom of the speedometer. I did not find any information about it in the owners manual. Anyone know what it means?

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That means you have the adjustable powerband, cross drilled brake lines, and engine oil bypass kit install. If you also have the tow package you get the radiator insulator.

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Type 43 = Prototype Jeep Liberty with variable geometry suspension, high volume low-friction throttle body, new format rear cargo area with quantum-singularity storage (it'll hold a LOT of stuff, but getting it out can be tricky).

OK all kidding aside it is just they type of instrument cluster the put in the Jeep. Some are Type 43, some type 35, and I'm guessing there would be another type for export RHD models but I have no idea what it might be.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That means you have the adjustable powerband, cross drilled brake lines, and engine oil bypass kit install. If you also have the tow package you get the radiator insulator.

Don't forget high performance, low friction headlamp fluid and breakaway kinifler pins.

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:(:eek::( and all this time I thought it meant something cool..

actually, I'm going to act like I never read this and make something super cool up to tell people:cool:

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't let these guys yank your chain, Joshua.

It merely means that you have the Flux Capacitive engine mount, with Chrysler's patented movement-centric torque converters. Keep an eye on them though, they're known to fail in cold weather.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Type 43 is a correction factor in speedometer for when the compressor kicks in.
4.3 mph and 4.3 horsepower loss below 43 mph at 43 degrees.
In other words it is a 4 X 4.3

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
You guys are all terrible ... lol3.gif.

I thought Jnaut was gonna come clean ... but Noooooo

The number you are referring to is the Octane requirement for your particular 2.4l engine. It may be hard to find .. but you can cut the 80 Octane gas almost in half by mixing in the appropriate amount of distilled water.

Cheers,

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Oh Bruce ... I could never be that mean :D I sent him a PM with the TRUTH long ago.

He's just sitting back watchin' all the yucks us geeks have been spewing ....

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You are all wrong anyways

the "4" stands for 4 Wheel Drive
The "3" is the first part of 3.7
problem was it would of cost .0000012 cents more to add the".7" so Chrysler said forget it!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well now I think you may be wrong.
Wouldn't it say 'Type 42' since he has the 4 ****** and not the v6?

No they were so cheap everyone got the same one, they didn't change when the CRDs came out

They used the extra that they saved for installing window regulators:eek::confused:

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Type 43 is actually a complex numerical algorithm created by the engineers to equate the level of sexiness that the driver displays to the opposite sex. Fifty is the highest number that you can rank and most associated with Lotus’, Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s. The lowest rank is a one, and thus far only the AMC Pacer. (It screams geek in my book.) The Liberty scores a 43, that isn’t too shabby.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the wacky world of JKJCountry, Joshua.

Don't let these guys get to you. This is a wacky place sometimes. But fun too. Hope you stick around.

Every one of us was really wondering what type 43 means, and the question has been asked before and nobody has been able to figure it out. In fact, it is the only thing we do not really know about our jeeps.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online