two flasher issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! first issue with my jeep, led me to making a second issue :icon_frown:
Here is the problem, last night my left turn signal started to flash very fast. What is odd is that sometime it will act normally and work fine. So I took the light off and the bulb is fine. My guess is that the contact on the relay are just used. Not a big deal, it could also be the wiring but that seems fine.
After some testing and making sure the socket and the bulb were fine, I re-seated the socket in his connector and broke the lock :think:. That lead me to 3 question.
1 : can I change only the plug for the socket without changing all the wire?
2 : Before I start taking all that apart, the flasher relay is part of the hasard switch on the steering wheel column right?
3 : You have any other idea what could cause that??

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I had the same symptoms which ended up being a bad parking light socket on my passenger front corner. Part was about $5, and everything is happy again.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Your probably looking at the wrong bulb. When your turn signals flash fast like that it usually means you have a bulb burnt out in a different socket. (ie rear) That how the coppers know you have a bulb out somewhere on your vehicle.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't worry I looked at all the bulb ;) I'm not that dumb :p
I just went to see if the bulb was working with the hazard switch ( yeah I haven't tested it at first ) and the flasher wasn't flashing super fast. but the light wasn't lighting. So I decided to swap both bulb from a side to another and now everything is back to normal. Let see for how long. I'll buy new bulb at my job to make sure and if the problem occur again I'll change both socket. I also secured the broken plug with heatshrink so it shouldn't move.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
lol .. it was not my intent to point out any short comings of yours.

Just stating the facts :D

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't took it as an insult sorry if I sounded like that.
( see how 2 canadian keep saying they're sorry XD )

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, seems that swaping the bulb from side to side worked. I'll get some new bulb at job tonight ( just hope we still have some non-LED one ) and order 2 new socket just in case since it's pretty cheap.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wierd that no online dealer in canada seems to carry those light socket. I can only find tail light socket. I'll go to napa later this week to see if they have some.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't took it as an insult sorry if I sounded like that.
( see how 2 canadian keep saying they're sorry XD )

Thought it was "sorry, eh"?............:smokin:

Dave

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The idiot I am bought the wrong bulb -_- I bought 3156 instead of 3157...but for .69$ a piece, I'll keep them, you never know :p

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok bought the correct bulb...still can't figure why I can have them at job for 69 cent when NAPA sell them for 4$ a piece...gonna buy some socket later this week.