Sensor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbach

Reaction score
2005 Jeep liberty 3.7L. Been chasing a P0344 code for a little over a year now. Last year I replaced the camshaft position sensor with a non mopar one. Then I had a shop replace the connector and the 3 wires going into the connector and still had the code intermittently coming back. Today I finally changed the sensor to an actual mopar sensor. Prior to installing the new one I cleared the code. After installing the new one I tried to start the car and it gave me the usual hard start which took 2 tries. Once the car was the running the code came back. So I turned it off cleared the code, started the car and it seemed fine. What’s the next steps if the code continues to come back?

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See the code chart for P0344 attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-27-21-55-26-210_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-27-21-55-26-210_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 18

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from my personal experience, i had to change both CPS and CKS for this code to resolve. Aftermarket sensors seems to be tad longer which would cause issues.