Tweeter buzz...........zzzzzzzzzz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SavageSS27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a little issue here guys, ever since i swapped out my factory stereo for an aftermarket head unit, i've been getting this annoying buzz out of my left front tweeter. I've done my best to chase it down, but i just haven't had any success, i've replaced all the factory wiring with double shielded 12ga. stuff, but that didn't seem to help either, any suggestions?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a similar buzz in some sounds, hard to pinpoint but generally in the highest pitch, but I would have to test my CD to make sure it is not the problem, it sounds like an old record sometimes, until the bass kicks in

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be way off here, but I guess it could be blown. The aftermarket HU is more powerful than stock, but not really all that much. I haven't had any problem with mine yet. Is it like a constant buzzing or buzzing along with the music?

SavageSS27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more of a constant buzz....all the speakers have been upgraded though. Putting the HU through a basslink and that's hooked up to Polk audio speakers.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SavageSS27 said:
more of a constant buzz....all the speakers have been upgraded though. Putting the HU through a basslink and that's hooked up to Polk audio speakers.

the basslink with the built in 4 channel amp? if so, maybe just that channel is screwed up in the amp. I don't really know, I better quit trying to help and let a professional take over! lol \:D/

SavageSS27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed something weird the other day. It seems to stop whenever someone opens a door and the interior lights come on. Could it somehow be related to the BCM?

sleepo_vr

Reaction score
I have the same issue, the left tweeter buzzes when the stereo is not putting out a signal. It goes away when you open the door but if you wait long enough it will come back for a few seconds and the go away till the jeep is started again. I just had the stereo installed buy a local shop so it is going back this week hopefully they can find out what is causing it.

Members online

No members online now.