Best way to wire new dash tweeters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HarleyLiberty

Reaction score
I am in the process of wiring up my son's aftermarket stereo in his 2007 Liberty with the Premium stereo. My parts list includes:

Crutchfield CK10​
1​
Boss BV850ACP Package
This item will be shipped from Dropship.​
1​
Infinity Reference REF-375TX​
1​
Infinity Reference REF-6532IX​
1​
1​
Sound Ordnance B-8PTD​
1​
Metra 40-CR10 Antenna Adapter​
1​
Metra 70-6502 Receiver Wiring Harness​
1​

I am struggling with the dash tweeters. As the liberty has the amps at the front door speakers, which i am eliminating, i am trying to find the best way to get the tweeters wired with the included crossovers. I understand that there are inline capacitors already in place on the wires for the OE tweeters from the front door speakers to the dash. Can this wire be re-used (I suspect not)? And if not, how do i go about running the new wire with the included crossover from the front doors to the dash? I was looking at it today, hoping to fish it through the grommet but there are actually connectors right there at that junction which makes the run very difficult. Hoping i am missing something here...

Cheers,

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of wiring up my son's aftermarket stereo in his 2007 Liberty with the Premium stereo. My parts list includes:

Crutchfield CK10​
1​
Boss BV850ACP Package
This item will be shipped from Dropship.​
1​
Infinity Reference REF-375TX​
1​
1​
1​
Sound Ordnance B-8PTD​
1​
Metra 40-CR10 Antenna Adapter​
1​
Metra 70-6502 Receiver Wiring Harness​
1​

I am struggling with the dash tweeters. As the liberty has the amps at the front door speakers, which i am eliminating, i am trying to find the best way to get the tweeters wired with the included crossovers. I understand that there are inline capacitors already in place on the wires for the OE tweeters from the front door speakers to the dash. Can this wire be re-used (I suspect not)? And if not, how do i go about running the new wire with the included crossover from the front doors to the dash? I was looking at it today, hoping to fish it through the grommet but there are actually connectors right there at that junction which makes the run very difficult. Hoping i am missing something here...

Cheers,
I’m not entirely certain, but when I had my speakers replaced at beast buy I think they used the existing wiring and spliced onto that. I got JBL component speakers for up front, but I’m still using the stock amps.