trying to pull a code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tired cycling the key on 5 times. isnt this how you get a code to read across the odo? I did it before on my 05. now trying to do it on my buddy's 06.

??? how?

New Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tired cycling the key on 5 times. isnt this how you get a code to read across the odo? I did it before on my 05. now trying to do it on my buddy's 06.

??? how?

From what I remember reading, I don't think you can do it on anything past 05 (and even some 05's don't have this). I am however going from memory on this one.

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure but we took it to advance auto and a buddy pulled the code.

misfire cyl # 2. he bought all new plugs and a coil for the #2.

gonna put it in tomorrow.

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW....a couple of those spark plugs suck on the KJ! lol.

hope to have got his issue fixed. I didnt change any plugs after all. pulled them and they were all 4 month old double platinums and looked great. I did replace the coil on the # 2 cyl.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

??? how?

Not 5 times.....3 times.

on.....off......on.......off....on

The code will flash on the bottom center of the instrument panel or if no code it will just say "done". That is how mine works anyway.

(on is not start and off is not all the way off)

You need to try it a few times to get the hang of it. Took me a couple of times to get the hang of it.

As far as I know the key trick works on 02-05...... and 06-07 doesn't. Someone can correct me on that if I am wrong on the years. It works on my 05.

Dave

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tried 3 and 5 times as i couldnt recall. this trick work son my wifes 05, but didnt on my buddy's wife's '06