Trimmed front bumber....???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read on this forum and some of the others that guys "trimmed" their front bumpers.......:confused:

I'm curious about this mod, and was hoping a few of you with trimmed bumpers would post a few frontal shots of your handy work, and explain how it's done, and what benefits it surves.....

Thanks

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine to clear larger tires larger offset wheels than stock. Easy to do. Just tape off the line you want to cut with masking tape. Then I used a $20 electric 4" angle grinder from Harbor Freight with a cutoff wheel on it to do the cutting. Took all of 15 minutes to cut it after you get it taped off..

Untrimmed
You must be registered for see images attach

Trimmed

Untrimmed

Trimmed

Inside fenders:

Driver side:

Passenger Side:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Very Nice Indeed, the trimming, rims,tires, and Stance!
Of course being the best color helps too!

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very Nice Indeed, the trimming, rims,tires, and Stance!
Of course being the best color helps too!

It does look cool, but check the first pic. Someone made off with his CV shafts, probably his front diff and t-case too!!:D Sorry LTT, gotta get my digs in when I can.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chopped mine off as well. Not so much for aesthetics, I thought it looked better stock, but because it got thrashed pretty bad. That and it helped stop the rub from the bigger tires I am running.

You must be registered for see images

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does look cool, but check the first pic. Someone made off with his CV shafts, probably his front diff and t-case too!!:D Sorry LTT, gotta get my digs in when I can.

Nope. They are there. Just really hard to see. I have the prototypes of the "high-transparecy" front drive train components.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, the astetics are an improvement...(at least to me).....tire rub isn't an issue for me as yet since I'm only running 235/70's, but I might do it for looks now, and have it out of the way for when I do a lift and increase tire size......

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was easy enough......;)

Going by the photo's posted I pulled her inside an open bay here at work, got out my 4" angle grinder and a 10mm socket....had it done in no time.....

Next up will be the pinch weld......

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
A little Bourbon,a sawzall,support group,then just do away with the thing.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ridenby.....

That's a little more drastic than I wanted to go with it, but I doubt I'll ever find myself crawling down a rock ledge like that either......:D

Now if I was to find a real cheap deal on one of those big steel after market bumpers, then the Bourbon, sawzall, and support group might come in handy....;)

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to ask SurfGuitar 141.....what is on the front bumper of yours? It looks like a pipe organ????

Fishing rod holders...

Very common sight here at the beach with surf fishermen.

My set is tame compared to some that include 6 to 8 tubes, and a rack to fit large coolers.

You'll also see a lot of the pickup guys with what are commonly called "rocket launchers" mounted in the bed of their trucks, these are angled rod holders that allow them to carry 10 to 13 foot surf rods without hitting overhead power lines or over passes, and provides a bit more protection for your expensive tackle if someone backs into you.