Transmission swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i shifted it to park. I didnt get a chance to check codes. It was 11pm last night at i had to be up at 5am for work. I will have to plug in my obd2 or have my father in law check. Thanks for the input man every bit helps.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ran it by jumping the relay. Jumped hit the key started right up. What does this tell me? Transmission is shifting as it should got the fluid up to where it should be wont know more until i take her on the road. That has nothing to do with it not starting. Ideas anybody.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow. no threads on the p1388 on jeepkj.com or lost. unless I'm searching incorrectly.

This seem to have some good step by step troubleshooting.
Jeep P1388 ERROR CODE

maybe some wiring got cut or some connector come out during the install.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ingot it started and i think they were related. I removed the solenoid pack plug applied dielectric grease and made 100% sure it was fully plugged in. Jeep started right up. I am happier than alot of people. All the work all the questions wow. Thanks man this whole way through you been there trying to help me out. I think i owe you one or two or ten not sure.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soo everything good now, right?

Well I foresee me doing this at some point so I'm sure you'll pay it forward :D
plus we have some jeepkj history

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still got a code for a pressure sensor and something else. I am chaulking that up to it not cycling through the gears yet. Maiden voyage tomorrow morning. I am expecting some rough shifts and stuff its expected while the jeep learns its got a new ******. I will be monitoring the fluid levels very closely for a while. I have one big tip set aside alot of time. I underestimated how long this was going to take. Get help someone with knowledge great someone with hands good enough. Just laying a big piece of scrap carpet made it alot better.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transmission came with the pressure sensor because it had a sonnax line pressure upgrade. The filters were also included. Dude for real i been checkin the fluid level in neutral. I put 15qts in the paper work i got said 15-17.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting a hard shift into second. I figure its learning. The cel just went off after my second drive with it.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the ****** came with new filters eh? nice.
I noticed they painted everything, interesting.

keep us posted. glad it's working fine.
I was hoping you would be documenting the whole process for a YT video. :D

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol would have been a 48hr video half of which being celebratory beer drinking.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might make a video of talking through it with pics from the action.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated Sonnax TC Limit Valve
Severe wear of the TC limit valve bore results in loss of converter release oil pressure. Reduced release pressure at low speed and idle will drag the converter lining, causing engine surge, pulsation or stall.
Low release pressure at cruise affects and limits efficiency, often increasing RPM and reducing fuel economy. If release pressure is low enough, the converter lining may drag enough to glaze the lining.
A worn TC limit bore contributes to converter drainback issues. The Sonnax oversized TC limit valve kit 44912-03K restores normal converter charge and cooler flow, correcting converter overheating problems. Installation of this valve requires use of a special reaming fixture and jig that allows this high quality valve and sleeve to be installed.

Updated UD/OD Snap Ring
The OEM Overdrive Snap Ring is very common to break, which can cause major failure in the overdrive / underdrive clutch drum or even cause it to lock up, which can be a major problem. WE REPLACE IT EVERY BUILD EVERY TIME, we do not CHECK IF OK, we do it the correct way!

Updated TransGo Shift Correction Kit
Corrects/Prevents/Reduces: 2-3 neutral, Drain back, Limp, TCC slide bang and Slip codes. Heavy Duty Accumulator plate/cover and Special accumulator seals. Has tough Snap ring, Saves Pump and VB. Includes new TC limit valve system, and Updated Accumulator Spring and more.

Updated Heavy Duty Accumulator Cover Plate
The accumulator plate is weak and not held securely enough to withstand the action of the accumulator pistons. The OE plate flexes, causing the screws to loosen and break. The HD accumulator cover plate is an upgrade over the OE plate and allows salvage of valve bodies with damaged plates. The plate is made of thicker steel.