Transmission problems when backing up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have been noticing on my wifes 05 liberty that when you back it up, it needs to rev pretty high just to get the thing going, maybe like 2000 rpms on a relatively flat surface just to back out of a parking space. And the other night, I decided that I was going to back in the garage to unload some junk, and since my garage has a slight incline at the entrance, that was when I really noticed the problem. Had to rev up to 2800 rpm or so to get the thing in the garage, and the more it reved, the more it started jerking around, like the torque converter not engaging properly or something. I was wondering if anybody else had any problems like this? It only has 2600 miles on it and has been to the dealer twice for the stupid power window motors, and has to go again, so I figured I would get them to do something with the transmission at the same time. Thanks in advance.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More Power

If you are bringing it in anyway, have them make sure the rear brakes are releasing, both ebrake and the disk type.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine does the same. Shakes alot too. this has been talked about before. The torque seems to be really loose. also causes the ****** to heat up. maybe thats why you hear about so many people talking about the ****** light coming on.