****** clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chirokj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2002 kj 3.7L with 55k miles

there is a clunk i hear (and feel) when coming to a stop. is this something i should be worrying about?

greg

ps.
just started acting up recently

Last edited:

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been doing it the whole time? pretty sure thats normal because the 02's came with a more heavy duty transmission, built tougher then the ones in the 03-07 but not as smooth

chirokj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got it 2000 miles ago. pulled a trailer from jersey to georgia and it was fine. its just starting to act up now

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, clunk is fairly normal. Its slack in the spines on the driveline where it enters the tcase. Some people remove it and grease them which causes it to go away for awhile.

If its never been done, it would probably be best to change the ******, tcase, and the front and rear diffs at 60k at least.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no tow package. 2000-3000lb? locked it out on the hilly parts
You should always lock out OD while towing,really important if you do not have the tow package,that means no AUX ****** cooler and that equal's ****** killing heat.That may be some of the problems originated from.

My '02 downshifts smoothly,need that shift kit to make it slam into the gears harder.

chirokj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even though the trans temp light never came on?

Also i got some shaking in the stering wheel when i brake but not all the time. it seems that it depends on the position of the feont wheel in respect to each other. it can be shaking and i make a left turn so the right wheel turnc more than the left, then the next time i brake its fine.

you think its only rotors?

Latest posts

Members online