Trails near Hagerstown MD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for places I can take the Jeep out to get it dirty that aren't far from Hagerstown? My girls want to go out with me and get something more than pavement dust on it. :icon_smile:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not really offroad equipped but looked a while back and I seem to remember some out past Deep Creek and out into Garrett county (Oakland and Savage area) but never been there myself. I've heard there was some private areas near Baltimore and further east. Seems pretty odd there aren't any in Frederick or Washington counties. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. Like I said I'm not well suited for much as mine is still pretty stock.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll keep an eye on this. If you guys would be amenable to having an old geezer along I might be tempted to give it a shot. I am in Sterling, VA at the moment and could swing out that way. My jeep is stock (see sig) but it would be fun to try an easy trail. :)

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine pretty much stock also ltd02 other that mish mosh of a lift I put on it. I am still running the 225/75/16 that it has always run. They look a little silly now. I am not looking to do anything crazy off road yet. This is my DD that has to get to Frederick and back everyday.

Profdlp what do you mean old geezer your not old if the age in your sig is correct. I would love to have some people to go riding with.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess the "old geezer" stuff is relative. :icon_lol:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Check with John 3:17 he is not far from there, don't think there are any legal wheeling areas around there though.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's true Tom, I did see he is local. Maybe he will drop in on this thread. Your right about there not being any legal trails. I used to run some of the back roads and it was frowned upon by some legal types.

prodlp it is relative. Every year my kids wish me a happy birthday you old geezer lol

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My granddaughter is five. I'll bet that "old geezer" will find its way into her vocabulary before too much longer. :emotions34: :happy175:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I've been here eavesdropping and hoping someone knew of some that I didn't . There are supposedly some at Green Ridge other than that Rausch Creek.

Just checked on Green Ridge - ORV trails have been closed to the Public. Maryland DNR has a list of public trails.

Last edited:

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that stinks that they closed it. Wonder if it was due to our state not having money. Seems like a lot of good things here get closed for that reason.

So you location says Mason-Dixon. Where is that exactly lol. That is a long line of places it could be.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that stinks that they closed it. Wonder if it was due to our state not having money. Seems like a lot of good things here get closed for that reason.

So you location says Mason-Dixon. Where is that exactly lol. That is a long line of places it could be.

PM sent

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

He's in the witness protection program so he can't say for sure where he is at , just general area

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL then I guess I better get the lights hooked up in the Jeep with the Zombie Lights switch my daughter got me.

Latest posts

Members online