Trailer Hitches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping to finally get a trailer hitch and was curious as to what everyone was using. I've looked at a couple and it seems that some will work with a full size spare on the back and others will not. I thought I saw somewhere on here there is an adapter to stick the ball out past the spare as to avoid this problem. Any help and advice is much appriciated! Oh and I have an 06' KJ with the 3.7 won't be doing much towing but I'd like to be able to just incase and the added recovery point to the rear will be nice if and when I get stuck!

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to wait, it will be an Xmas present anyway I'm not gonna hold my breath for the recall.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
The Curt I got through Uhaul is awesome ... and way more hidden that the so called hidden hitches :rolleyes:. You can literally only see the receiver.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Curt I got through Uhaul is awesome ... and way more hidden that the so called hidden hitches :rolleyes:. You can literally only see the receiver.

x2 that's how my OE one is.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I saw one the other day on a Montana or something, big @ss 2" lettering across the entire back end... HIDDEN HITCH ... mhmm :happy175:

now back to your regularly scheduled advice...

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original or some that fit the same way the factory hitch does. Only the receiver is visible ( unlike the hiddenhitch model and it come with the 7 pin connector which is always nice.

Tinkrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Curt hitch from Amazon.com $167.95 included:wiring, bar, hitch pin, 2" chrome ball, and the platform hitch at5:00PM one day. It was sitting on my front porch before 8:00 AM. The next morning when I went out to put the trash bags out to the curb.
It came with all the correct fasteners, it looks good (only the receiver shows) The bar is long enough to clear the spare tire. It seems to tow well so far.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't want to wait, it will be an Xmas present anyway I'm not gonna hold my breath for the recall.

I'm in the same boat. I graduate in a few weeks and if my new job (which I don't have yet) leads me far away I was counting on a trailer to do the move myself. Murphy's law says I'll get called in for the freebie about two days after I cough up the dough and put one on there myself.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So buy the MOPAR and save the sales slip and try to get refund .

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, Cherrie - that's an excellent suggestion. If it comes down to needing one in a hurry I think that's just what I'll do.

Not to sound overly negative, but I don't think I'll hold my breath waiting on the refund, though. Still, it's worth a shot.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd be concerned with the type that extends out further, because that creates more leverage.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, Cherrie - that's an excellent suggestion. If it comes down to needing one in a hurry I think that's just what I'll do.

Not to sound overly negative, but I don't think I'll hold my breath waiting on the refund, though. Still, it's worth a shot.

Too bad you're not closer
there's one sitting by the back door of my garage that could go really reasonable

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad you're not closer
there's one sitting by the back door of my garage that could go really reasonable

Not closer? That depends on whether you're still in Ohio or in Tanzania at the moment. ;) (Actually, I'm in VA visiting the old folks right now.)

Checking my mail is a little tricky at the moment since I have to do it remotely, but shoot me an email defining "reasonable" and it might be doable. I know a guy out that way who offered me a ride in a lifted Liberty anyway - two birds, one stone. :D

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Liberty and bought the hitch from etrailer.com. The one ordered was a Curt. Works great and bolt on application.