Traded in my Beetle for a Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the first pic I took of my 2004 KJ.

I looks like new... I love it!

I was able to sell a bunch of my beetle accessories and now have $420 in my paypal account.

Lift kit anyone? It's looking like a Rusty 2.5 lift right now but I want to get the right parts for the rear end and avoid all the problems in advance.

You must be registered for see images

The tires it came with are 235/70/R16 so it should look ok for now with a lift till I can afford larger tires.... but these tires are new right now so I'll leave them for a while.

So a lift, roof basket and some Hella 500 lights on the bull bar and the rack up top would be nice.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks great, just great.
I hope your bug was not the original...I would NEVER trade that for anything. Tints are great.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, all shiney. Never seen those rims before though.. but they look nice.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that looks really sharp.

Congrats.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the money, I'd get me a set of new tires first. Those OEM Goodyears are total junk. You can get a set of 4 Grabber AT2s from Tirerack for around $350 + shipping. A lift with the "Junkyears" is like a hiking in your bare feet.

Congrats on the Libby. Let's get some dirt on that thang!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those r the "Custom" Mopar rims. They are on sale at mopar or jparts. ;)

I would not get rid of perfectly good tires, unless you can get a fair value for them, otherwise them wear them for like 20k miles then swap them, but that's your choice.

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sugguestion: Ditch the side rails and the bullbar in the front and get yourself the real deal. Those side bars offer no protection, nor does the bullbar. For the lift, we're trying to get a group buy together for the Rusty's, should be a good deal on a great lift.

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow im looooovin the color!! and the rocker protectors. so shiny! nice wheels too, love it!

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R.Rabbit said:
looks nice, shiney

btw when you say beetle do yo mean NB or ACVW?

It was a 2000 New Beetle... but I did $6000 damage on a ridge of snow where the plow came by ($6000 is basically the front bumper and assorted parts). Hence... the Jeep... We used to have a TJ but traded it in for a Minivan.... so it's nice to have a Jeep back in the family...

Jeff

Snowbunny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SHOCKED.gif whew weeeeee thats BRIGHT!!!! YOu will definitely turn some heads with that one!!! \:D/ hahahaha