Towing Post Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great information all around. Leveling out the trailer seems to be the most important thing to keep in mind.

I think I'll end up buying a drop hitch that is 6" just to be on the safe side. I want to be sure that there is enough drop, because it seems like the WDH puts the ball up a little higher.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
So...the top of my receiver is 20.5" off the ground. Need a 2-3" drop then. I'm pretty sure that's what I have.

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...the top of my receiver is 20.5" off the ground. Need a 2-3" drop then. I'm pretty sure that's what I have.

25.5" over here. I'm guessing that's mostly because of the RL rear bumper. I have the integrated hitch option. Seems beefy enough, but then again I've never tried to tow 1.5t over the rockies with it.

How safe are drop hitches? I've never needed to use one. 3" is a lot different than 8". Anyone use them or have recommendations on brands for these kinda hitches?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25.5" over here. I'm guessing that's mostly because of the RL rear bumper. I have the integrated hitch option. Seems beefy enough, but then again I've never tried to tow 1.5t over the rockies with it.

How safe are drop hitches? I've never needed to use one. 3" is a lot different than 8". Anyone use them or have recommendations on brands for these kinda hitches?

Drop hitches are quite safe - they're used all the time especially by all the guys driving the "compensation trucks" lifted up to the moon (compensating for...?? :happy175:) and larger work trucks pulling box trailers.

Any of the brand names - Reese, DrawTite, Curt, etc. have good reputations. Look on eTrailer.com for recommendations for your situation. They have great WD hitches too at excellent prices; only issue with eTrailer.com for towing components is the shipping tears the boxes to pieces and the parts get beat up a little. But then again they're heavy duty so a couple of scratches is no big deal.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.