Tow hook help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Block heater is on the passenger side just below the exhaust manifold, you will see the heater or the frost plug in the block. If you have a heater the cord usually comes up on the passenger side of the motor and gets tied up with the rest of the harness or on the fuel rail, unless of course the previous owner used it then they may have the cord routed to the front. Just look for a flat three wire cord, pretty easy to spot if you have one.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to use a jerk strap,mainly referring to all looped straps on a truck that dosent have a hook? Like say some cars or trucks have the full loop on back like the honda pilot does, where you would need a hook. Could you just use a D-ring to attach them?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible to use a jerk strap,mainly referring to all looped straps on a truck that dosent have a hook? Like say some cars or trucks have the full loop on back like the honda pilot does, where you would need a hook. Could you just use a D-ring to attach them?
Yes,though some pionts are not made to pull on,and "jerk"is a misnomer.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know all aren't made to pull on. I was jst wondering how you would hook one up to a car/truck with no hook.

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does my moms civic come with a tow hook on the back from the factory, but my JEEP doesn't??
Wtf.

I think it has one to tie it down while it was transported to the dealer. Your Jeep can be strapped down by the axle during transport. By the way, how is Mom's Civic?
Bruce

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they have a strap thats in the shape of a Y so i can hook both loops up to my front hooks?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it has one to tie it down while it was transported to the dealer. Your Jeep can be strapped down by the axle during transport. By the way, how is Mom's Civic?
Bruce

Right....that's a tiedown. I'd use it if I needed to pull lightly, but I definitely wouldn't exert much force on there at all!

P.S. - notice I said "pull" and not "tug" or "yank"!!!

Hechicero

Reaction score
Hello, friends!
For what needs plastic caps on bumper?
Must I install them back after tow hooks installing?