Tow hook help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant fit my hand thru the hole to fasten the nuts thats the problem.. and what end caps? Im trying to remove the bumper but cant get it off. I feel like i have everything off that needs to be except i cant pull the bumper off it feels like its getting stuck near the wheel well.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
how the %@^*(&^%# F#$& do you get these tow hooks on. I got the M bolt in right but i cant get the nut on the bolt, theres absolutely no room. I tried taking the bumper off and i got the Grill off and starting on the bumper but I dont know how. Mines an 02 any help would be really appreciated.. my trucks in the garage apart and i wanna get it back together to go out.

well i sounds like me when i was putting my brushguard on. We got the grill off and then the bumper is held on my i think it was 3 hook like things on each finder. we used a flathead and poped them back then pulled the bumper down and took off the black end caps. let us or me know if this helped any.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I cant fit my hand thru the hole to fasten the nuts thats the problem.. and what end caps? Im trying to remove the bumper but cant get it off. I feel like i have everything off that needs to be except i cant pull the bumper off it feels like its getting stuck near the wheel well.

Not sure if this applies to an 02, but did you get the 2 bolts behind the air dam on the bottom? Did you remove the bumper from the clips on the fender?

And if you remove the caps, it'll be super easy...

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if this applies to an 02, but did you get the 2 bolts behind the air dam on the bottom? Did you remove the bumper from the clips on the fender?

And if you remove the caps, it'll be super easy...

mine is a 03 and i didnt have to remove the bolts behind the air dam on the bottom

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay i now seee those 3 hooks but how do u get the bumper off them? i also removed the bolts behind the air damn, and what are these caps your talking about. ughhh, beer break

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
jhblackwell's pic:
You must be registered for see images attach

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
okay i now seee those 3 hooks but how do u get the bumper off them? i also removed the bolts behind the air damn, and what are these caps your talking about. ughhh, beer break

well after the 3 hooks i didnt have to take my bumper all the way off i just pulled down on it. it may fill like its going to break or bend but it wont. but have you taken a flat head and moved the hooks out of the holes?

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont even have the bumper off yet to remove the caps soo...., and besides I got the M Bolts in no problem. I just cannot fit my hands or socket through the opening to tighten them. I think i got them off one side i need to try the other, after this beer

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I dont even have the bumper off yet to remove the caps soo.... I cant do that yet. I think i got them off one side i need to try the other, after this beer

10-4 just let us know if you get it and remember to post pic

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, plastic hooks out of the holes but it still feels like there is something holding the bumper on somewhere on the bottom of it.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, plastic hooks out of the holes but it still feels like there is something holding the bumper on somewhere on the bottom of it.

idk but i didnt have to take mine all the way off..try pulling out and pushing down. i think thats what i had to do. but ya got a pic?

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
woohoo! i got the left side unhooked and im saying f the rightside, i can put both on this way. I just needed to use a little force, was timid cause i didnt wanna break anything.

Beer, install hooks, beer, put bumper and grill back on, pictures!

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
woohoo! i got the left side unhooked and im saying f the rightside, i can put both on this way. I just needed to use a little force, was timid cause i didnt wanna break anything.

Beer, install hooks, beer, put bumper and grill back on, pictures!

10-4 their you go

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUMP IN THE ROAD....Soo the bolts that came with the set for the M bolt, dosen't seem to fit very well.. The longer side of the M bolt faces the rear of the truck correct? I dont wanna force them onto the bolt but i dont want them to be loose either WTH!.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I did it like your doing it, long in the back.

Remove the caps, and hold the m bolt in place while you hand tighten it, make sure that you don't cross thread it. Once you do that, and you're sure it's not cross threaded, get a socket wrench out, 15mm is the bolt, and hold the m bolt in place, and finish tightning it.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, got it done. Found out i have an engine block heater..

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, got it done. Found out i have an engine block heater..

looks good and where is the block heater located. idk if i got one

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Couldnt tell you where its located haha, the plug just fell down when the bumper came off, nice little surprise
2) Jerkstrap? a stretchy strap with loops?