Tow Bar shackles on ARB bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tboneil24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has welded a tow bar shackle to their ARB bumper. I plan on towing my jeep with my motorhome, but want an ARB bumper. You welders out there, that own an ARB, think this is doable?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier just to attach where the shackles go? Seems to be a pretty solid spot that could serve both jobs.
I assume you already have aftermarket springs to handle the weight of the ARB?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with AllJ's,one year at MOAB one of them had a KJ with a ARB that they bolted on towbar attachments right to the face of the ARB.I wouldn't weld them but would use grade 8 bolts.

tboneil24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier just to attach where the shackles go? Seems to be a pretty solid spot that could serve both jobs.
I assume you already have aftermarket springs to handle the weight of the ARB?
I'm going to be putting everything on at once. Want a lift, arb, and skid kit on by summer. I contacted ARB and they said the shackle spot could be modified and were definitely strong enough. I just wish I knew the exact shackle to order . My tow bar is a Demco Excali. I'm open to any ideas. Thanks for your reply.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the tow bar, but would imagine it could be modified to hook to the D ring mounts already on the ARB.

I would think some type of new shackle on the end of the tow bar would allow you to remove the D-ring from the bumper, then attach the hitch using pins through the D-ring mounts. Add some safety chains and you're there.