Total OME setup or OME/Rancho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishin'liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry if there was thread on this already, but i couldnt find it. I was just curious on if you recommend doing OME coils, shocks, and struts or the OME/Rancho setup? Thanks for the info...

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gassers work fine with Rancho's
CRD's like the OME valving better.

fishin'liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so do the OME front shocks give you a better ride than rancho struts? the OME is significantly more money, but if it doesnt ride better than i might as well get the rancho. Same with the rear, but the rancho 17000 for the rear say they are for 2.5" lift and the springs from OME are for 1.5", will they still work together? Again sorry for all the questions, but i searched in the forum and couldn't find these specifics. Thanks again...

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get a minimum of 2" from the springs.
That is correct, just pulled my rear springs and Daystar spacers to replace them with OMEs, put one of the spring/spacer combos next to one of the OME springs and saw about a 1/4" difference between the two (OME was just slightly shorter).

spechuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i'm going for a similar set up, OME HD/rancho, for the front, since the rsx17505 ones are rated same as stock travel, do I need a different top plate (similar to daystar) if I use the OME spring or is the strut just going to sit at a higher, expanded height than it normally would with a stock spring?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i'm going for a similar set up, OME HD/rancho, for the front, since the rsx17505 ones are rated same as stock travel, do I need a different top plate (similar to daystar) if I use the OME spring or is the strut just going to sit at a higher, expanded height than it normally would with a stock spring?
When I called AllJ's and explained what I had and what I wanted to do I was informed that I would need to use the OEM strut plates (which I still had). I have also ordered some Teraflex front bumpstops to help with any possible issues, plus I've got some JBA arms I'll be putting on the front when my back quits giving me fits...