Too much Chrome?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I have used this teqnique on lots of cars but not sure if it is too much with the chrome grille on the KJ What do you guys think?

BEFORE: (while i was changing the steering rack)

You must be registered for see images

AFTER --notice the vertical grille bars should i keep them chrome or is it to much?

Here are a couple other pics of my Lib:

These are the rims that came on it, the salesman said they were some kind of special wheels that only came on 04 Limited's anything special about them?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea.. to much chrome for me but its not our Jeep, its yours. Whatever makes you happy makes you happy. :)

Those rims did not come on any liberty that I am aware of. I do believe they are after-market Jeep rims though.

ohh, that air filter is probably letting a lot of hot air in the engine which hurts performance. Your fog light door is pushed in too. :)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Those look like a Mopar accessory for the Cherokee. Could be wrong though. But definitely Mopar. Just can't remember for which Jeep though.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I call plagiarism, well sort of I did mine in silver and I painted the whole thing.
You must be registered for see images attach

I did notice that you kind of turned your intake into a straw.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I think the grille looks OK with the black inserts. As for the rest of the chrome (door handles, etc) it's not my cup of tea but if it makes ya smile go for it! :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the vertical grill bars off except for the center 3 and see what it looks like. Too much chrome because the front grill is chrome. Just my opinion.

I like the wheels though. I think some of the the 04 Ltd models had a very similar (but not the same) wheel.

Dave

gogreenlawns

Reaction score
Not a big fan of chrome, to me it seems like its just something that has to be clean and i'm not a big fan of clean on a jeep..my opinion though..

Does your kj pull that trailor ok? I was looking to get a similar trailer for work but wasnt sure how well it would pull??

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of chrome, to me it seems like its just something that has to be clean and i'm not a big fan of clean on a jeep..my opinion though..

Does your kj pull that trailor ok? I was looking to get a similar trailer for work but wasnt sure how well it would pull??
Yeah it pulls it Great I also use the Liberty to flat tow my Zuk with no issues

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The inserts are too much.

BTW, I have a set of 2005 Limited chrome wheels for sale if you are interested. They will match the rest of the chrome better then those polished wheels.

patbluejeep

Reaction score
too much, may look better on a limited rather than a sport just doesnt work

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
yes toooooooooooo much chrome but its yours and you may not like mine at all so it all evens out, whatever trips your trigger is fine by me.
right now I have too much chrome for me on mine, and thats only an exhaust tip !!!

DryBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not chrome but polished stainless steel in the grille!

You must be registered for see images attach

liv42dy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutly, not much for chrome, but everyone has different tastes. I remember about 3 years ago, I was up in Ringwood state forest running around rocks and dirt:) I ran into a 04 limited chromed out totaly dirty, bull bar tail light guards rims even that chrome thing they put on the hitch that looks like a minuture bumper, well I had another friend of mine with an 02 like mine and we started planing on how we were going to snatch him out of a bad situation the only thing he had diferent were the tires, no lift ...nothing. He start towards the worst rock hill climb there after watching his wheels, surprise!!! after he made it up and back down we had a chance to meet the guy and talk to him, whe I looked inside right down on the center console were the 2 SWTCHES ARB Lockers. boy was I jelous. A real SLEEPER. so you see there may be times that we may get fooled by looks:)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
This thing has to much chrome!
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32619&highlight=chromed

And if that aint bad enough... There is a young guy cruising around town here that has gone above and beyond... He has chromed bumpers and fender flares to boot!

Who am I to say. My Mini's engine compartment and suspension is either polished or chrome plated, Aero-quiped, etc. ;)

So, no, yours don't look too bad really!

Cheers
Ryan

Last edited:

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not much for the chrome look on a jeep, but i like it on other cars. like everyone else said, its your jeep though. if i just look at it objectively and ignore the fact that i think that jeeps should look 'offroad', then i think it could look pretty good, but needs to match a little better. right now, the unfinished fenders and bumpers are killing you. it would look way better if you had the painted fenders and bumpers like the limiteds. the chrome says luxury, but the gray plastic does not. but, i think that change would help quite a bit, and otherwise it looks pretty good.