Boooooy howdy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proggish

Reaction score
Hey all.

So I'm new to car maintenance, definitely new to Jeep stuff. I bought an '04 Liberty Limited back in 2017, drove it for two years, then got stationed in Japan. Just came back and got it outta storage (they took decent care of it) and realized just how much I missed it. It needs a lot of work (cosmetic and otherwise) and I figure I'd wanna do most of it myself. I'm an F-15 crew chief in the USAF (7 years as so far), so I'm not mechanically dopey, but jets and cars are a little different (it's normal for jets to shoot fire outta the back, not so much jeeps.)

But yeah.

My Jeep, as I mentioned, is an '04 Liberty Limited, 3.7L. Has the V-6, 42RLE, and it's only RWD. it's black, but I plan on changing that eventually (wayyyyyy down the line.)

Thanks for having me!

Proggish

Reaction score
KJ's are far more complicated than fighters, as soon as an ECU is added into the equation logic goes out of the window and improbability takes over.
To be fair, we have step by step guides on how to do almost everything on this jet, so I believe you on that haha

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair, we have step by step guides on how to do almost everything on this jet, so I believe you on that haha
In another lifetime I was on the team who wrote the Tornado deep service manual when it went into service with the RAF. V thorough and no black magic required.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
As the resident Automatic Anti-Air Warfare tech, welcome! Stay in the firing cut-outs and all is good.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I was a Machinist Mate in the USN. I served aboard an aircraft carrier for a while. Deep in the hole (engine room) the only time I noticed the planes was when one of them came in hard and shook the deck pretty hard. You could feel it.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I was a Machinist Mate in the USN. I served aboard an aircraft carrier for a while. Deep in the hole (engine room) the only time I noticed the planes was when one of them came in hard and shook the deck pretty hard. You could feel it.
Dang hole-snipes....

;)