To Flush or Not To Flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynxer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know this can be a heated debate. My libby had its ****** flushed at 120k miles it has 196 on it now. It is working and operating perfectly. My routine maintence side says to flush it. My main mechanic in the shop says dont touch the ****** if it is working fine. What do you guys think?

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know this can be a heated debate. My libby had its ****** flushed at 120k miles it has 196 on it now. It is working and operating perfectly. My routine maintence side says to flush it. My main mechanic in the shop says dont touch the ****** if it is working fine. What do you guys think?

There are obviously two ways to go, flush or no.

You have been maintaining the Jeep, why not continue to do so?

The main mechanic answer probably stems from his worry that a flush will cause things to loosen up and clog ports, valves etc. And if it's working OK, don't futz with it.

trail rated

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drop the pan, change the filter(s), then fill the trans with fresh ATF+4.
Then you will be back in business and running great (woot)

lynxer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright sounds like I will be picking up a couple filters and some ****** fluid. I readd the how to. Is it necessary to have "mopar" fluid? or can I just get ATF from Napa?