Tire Rack rating chart question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just how accurate do you think this chart is?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...dth=285/&ratio=75&diameter=16&tireSearch=true

I know the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's get good reviews here, the Firestone Destination A/T looks like a good tire, and seems like I remember some recommendations for the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO, too. I don't think I've ever heard the first two on that list mentioned, though. At least not in relation to offroading.

FWIW, I'm looking for tires for my 2003 Ford Ranger FX4 right now (that's why it says 285/75-16 in the size, but I'd probably get matching tires (in the correct size) for my 02 KJ.

jpm

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i found the charts to be spot on..at least to the tires i've had experience w/

Crapyear RSA's and the Destination A/T's

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any more input here?

I notice, too, that the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor gets a good rating here. Anyone have experience with it?

jpm

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have a plan for this that I don't know about but I seriously doubt you're gonna be able to fit a 285/75 on your FX4....265/75 is about as big as I would go.

maureen58

Reaction score
I put the original Fortera HL tires on when my vehicle was brand new. I had Goodyear HP tires on a previous Jeep and knew I didn't like them much. I now have over 34,000 miles on the tires and they are wearing very well. They ride nice, handle quite well in wet weather, but not so well in the snow. Then again they are not snow tires. but road tires. I have been satisfied with them and understand that the Silent Armor are even a superior tire. I will probably put the Silent Armor Triple Tread on next time. Very high ratings. Unlike others I have had very good luck with Goodyear tires and have a decent dealership nearby. For that matter I have had good luck with the Michelin and Firestone tires I have had in the past also. Just make sure that whatever you get, get them balanced properly, aired up and rotate on a regular basis.

Members online